SPB - Can you put a # to my angle?

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
For curiosity sake, can you tell me what the angle of my ds's radian is?

Thanks so much.

carseat2ndfolderstartjuly07118.jpg

edited to add: Only a carseat tech drives around with a piece of pool noodle pre-cut the right length. :eek:

ADS

Kat_Momof3

I'd say 30-35*... not 100% sure without whipping a protractor out and putting it on my screen... but 99% sure.

southpawboston

i get 31.5 degrees.

OTOH, i'm getting 49.6 degrees for your FFing MA...!!! i know there are no real guidelines regarding FFing recline angles, but after that recent thread about neck angle strain, i'm wondering if that's too much?

steph

Wow it looks more than that.

SPB, do you mind checking mine:eek: (out of curiosity)!!
IMG_1790.jpg
[/IMG]

Thanks!!!!!!!!1

snowbird25ca

i get 31.5 degrees.

OTOH, i'm getting 49.6 degrees for your FFing MA...!!! i know there are no real guidelines regarding FFing recline angles, but after that recent thread about neck angle strain, i'm wondering if that's too much?

Thanks so much. :love:

I was guessing I was in the 35* neighborhood. It's on the edge of too upright for ds, which is why I was wondering.

The MA is in upright mode, we have a sloped seat though combined with the requirement of the seat back being reclined when carseats are installed. I don't think it will install any more upright than that, although I'm surprised that it's that reclined.

I've been debating switching the kids' seats to see if I could get more recline with the MA for ds... I've been watching him and sometimes he gets head slump & sometimes he doesn't... if it was more consistent it'd be a much easier decision. :rolleyes:

snowbird25ca

lol, I saw that on the radian thread where you posted that and was going to make a joke about you being a tech. :)

LOL. It got left in my truck after I visited a friend who had had a baby. Ds played with it on the way home & I promptly forgot about it being in there. And then decided I might as well leave it in there for the time being - never know when I might need it. ;)

mykidsmylife

Not only tech do it.. I have one also. LOL. I keep it b/c I still install a lot of seats for friends and stuff. I have them cut up in my van and some in the cellar. LOL. And I have a full size one in the cellar.

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
Oh, would you mind checking this one?

Not sure which pic will work best, so here's two:

IMG_1112.jpg

IMG_1111.jpg

Mama!

Not only tech do it.. I have one also. LOL. I keep it b/c I still install a lot of seats for friends and stuff. I have them cut up in my van and some in the cellar. LOL. And I have a full size one in the cellar.

:whistle: me too. I always have about 3 sections of pool noodles cut and ready to go, plus packing tape in the glovebox :whistle:

southpawboston

the regent is around 39.1 degrees.

i want to go out to my car now and measure the YS's angle. it's always been somewhat reclined, even in upright-mode.

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
(FTR, it's a Husky.)

Thanks! That wasn't as bad as I thought. I'm just REALLY not used to my FF seats being at all reclined. :) I'm pretty sure that's fairly accurate, too, as I took care when I took the pic to keep everything as level as possible.

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
:whistle: me too. I always have about 3 sections of pool noodles cut and ready to go, plus packing tape in the glovebox :whistle:

In the back of my truck I have a whole rubbermade tub with pre cut noodles, tape, scissors and a screwdriver. I also have a bag with all sorts of fliers, 3 different seat check forms, 2 different Recall lists, AAP booklets, Latch manual, measuring tape and growth chart, a scale, and my course manual. There is probably a few more things I left out.

southpawboston

even when i use the lockoff, it's only 3 degrees more upright... the seat is still 46.6 degrees if you use that reference point. but the reference point i've been using is the crease in the shell, which pretty much mirrors the angle of the seating surface.

snowbird25ca

I ended up switching the seats. Dh didn't have *quite* enough room in the front seat with the radian reclined further - and let me tell you what a hard thing it was to try and get it reclined further. :rolleyes:

So we're going for a drive here right away & I'm going to take another picture and post it. I'm sure I've got the MA reclined enough for ds now, but I still love seeing those #'s. ;)

And the Radian is ff'ing beside it now, so it might be fun to put a # to it too since it's shell starts out so upright to begin with. I was able to get the MA slightly more upright in that center position with a little extra effort though, and I'd have no qualms about continuing to use it there like that.

I'd still really rather have ds in the Radian, but until he handles being at a more upright angle better, we'll just leave as is & hope that dd doesn't outgrow the MA before then. :rolleyes:

snowbird25ca

Ok, so here's the end result of tonight's changes:

kidsstartedoct29014.jpg

Level ground

kidsstartedoct29006.jpg

Sloped (home)

And dd's seat (although I realize looking at it it's not a square on picture:)
kidsstartedoct29012.jpg

Level ground

kidsstartedoct29004.jpg

Sloped (Home)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC