Pink stripe Bubble Bum - New color?

Athena

Anyone seen the pink chevron bubblebum on amazon? This is not the chevron neon pink that has barely any pink on it. This thing has loads of pink all over!! It looks pretty, although I wonder if it's too bright in person. Too bad I can't think of a reason to need another one. :D

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Oh boy. My first bb is about to expire and I need a third for travel... I wonder if I'll be bullied into this one by my 6 year old.

Athena

And here I'm looking for an excuse ... I was disappointed they expire so quickly, but here's the silver lining.

FYI: Not sure if you saw my other post, but I tried the BB and, not only did it work, but DD is now in love and asking for it other times! Thanks again for all your help with that! Still, I really don't need a second one as I'm insisting on her staying in a HBB for a while and doubt she'd really want to give up her big wings for sleeping and cup holders full time.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
Ooo, I was just thinking that our BB will expire soon. ;) It's definitely useful for us, so I'll replace it for sure. Not sure DD1 can handle all that pink, though. (And DD2 won't be in any booster for a while, so it doesn't matter that she LOVES pink.)

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I know that but I don't get it. That is not logical. Where did they come up with that?

The reason for the short span is being inflated and deflated, knocked around in bags, etc. The usage doesn't start until you buy it. It's actually quite logical. :) And it's unlikely to sit in a warehouse or on a shelf six years before being sold (the oldest I've seen at purchase was a bit over a year, and most of the retailers that carry it have high turnover), so it's not going to exceed the NHTSA 10 year guideline.

Dillipop

They look different on their website header too! Nice. I might switch mine all out for easier guides...

Those new guides would probably end the complaining we have about ours. Easier to use in a tight 3 across. But I still have 3 years left on one and 2.5 years left on the other, so will unlikely switch them out to hear less whining from the 8 year olds...

Athena

The amazon picture looks like the changed the hip belt guides, does anyone know if this is accurate?

I hadn't noticed that. That does look a lot easier. I wonder if it stays in them as well. Anyone used the new one? Or if you're getting one, please report back! Do others' 6yos do the old style clip on their own after some practice?

Dillipop

I hadn't noticed that. That does look a lot easier. I wonder if it stays in them as well. Anyone used the new one? Or if you're getting one, please report back! Do others' 6yos do the old style clip on their own after some practice?

We got our first one when ds had just turned 7 and he could do it with time and patience. In a tight 3 across, there's just not a lot if room to do it and when I have 2 booster kids trying to buckle at the same time, frustrations rise to the surface from them...

NannyMom

I asked on FB, so we'll see. My daughter is 8. She's recently tried using it, but she usually doesn't have the patience to keep trying.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
She's 4 and 40 lbs., what the seat is rated from. As a taxi/travel seat, that's not an inappropriate choice for many kids. (Especially considering that something is more than many kids would otherwise be in in a taxi/rental/carpool situation...)

kathysr98

That belt guide looks much better! I ordered one of these for the cute color and the better belt guides. We will likely need a bubble bum a good bit this summer since a friend has offered to bring dd back to me at work following activities and she has two kids in a Ford Edge. I'll probably leave the pink one in her car and keep the purple one in mine.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC