What's your preferred all around useful combination seat?

SynEpona

I think we will need a combination harness to booster seat for DD by spring. She's FF in a Radian RXT in our main vehicle, but her 2nd Radian is getting passed down to one of the babies, leaving her with only that main seat, but by spring there will be 3 potential vehicles she could be in. I'm not interested in moving her primary seat around.

We've always gone from Radian to dedicated booster, so this combo seat is new territory! I've never paid any attention to them, or shopped for one. Something easy to install in Fords (Expedition, Freestyle, various F150s), suited to 3-across as needed. She's slightly on the small size of average, and is now 3.5yr.

What do you suggest?

ADS

katymyers

I love my Frontier 90s, I also like my Pioneer but it has a learning curve, my kids did not think the Nautilus was comfortable at all and I just don't like using it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bubbaray

My kids had brutal head slump in the nautilus. Neither DH nor I liked the adjuster or buckle (the buckles were recalled and are now different).

jgomez411

I love my Frontier 90s, I also like my Pioneer but it has a learning curve, my kids did not think the Nautilus was comfortable at all and I just don't like using it. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah that. DDs Pioneer is currently in DHs civic, but I have installed it several times in my Expedition with no issues. I actually would like to get another one for my Expy and get rid of her Myride!

jwilliams

I unexpectedly love my Pioneer. It's easy for me to buckle/unbuckle, I like the fabric, and my daughter really likes it. The install in my Accord is fine. Not super easy but not super hard. It's also not nearly as huge as I expected it to be - 19" across the armrests and bottom, I think.

I honestly didn't want to spend the money for the Frontier's easy install/extra height when I knew I would rarely move the seat and the 19.5" height would last my tall-but-leggy kid to a very decent age before switching to a dedicated booster.

Alison's Mom

I don't think anyone else has mentioned yet that Walmart has a new combination: the Harmony Defender. It just became available this week, I believe. I have not seen one yet, nor am I familiar with your vehicles, but wanted to throw that out as an option, as it's supposed to have good high harness slots, good booster fit, narrow for 3 across, and inexpensive.

jwilliams

I don't think anyone else has mentioned yet that Walmart has a new combination: the Harmony Defender. It just became available this week, I believe. I have not seen one yet, nor am I familiar with your vehicles, but wanted to throw that out as an option, as it's supposed to have good high harness slots, good booster fit, narrow for 3 across, and inexpensive.

I was so proud of myself for noticing this was a Canadian thread and not mentioning the Defender... so of course now it's available!

Baylor

My son actually had more head slump in the frontier than the nauti. It seems to fit all kinds but especially smaller ones great.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC