Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Car seat Recommendations

With our tax return we are going to be replacing my 3 younger childrens car seats and I have no idea what to get.

I have a 4 yr old boy average height and about 40lbs who is in a forward facing seat now.

I have a 2 year old girl who is 25 lbs is in a rear facing carseat.

and a 1 year old boy 19lbs and 27 in long, who is still in a baby carrier.

are price range is $300 or lower per car seat.

Any recomendations would be awesome.

Thank you!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Re: Car seat Recommendations

Hi there.

In what seats are they now, and why would you like to replace them? We don't want to repeat what you have that you don't want!

Also, what car do you drive?

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 108#, seatbelt, driving her own car
    laine 9/16/09, 54", 96#, Nuna Aaces, Diono Solana 2
    in my husband's 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser, my 2017 Volvo XC90, and big sister's 2016 Honda Civic
    https://www.car-seat.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1353&dateline=1552329  785

My 1 year old has a Graco SnugRide Click Connect 30 Infant Car Seat(just trying to get him out of the infant seat), my 4 yr old has safety 1st all in one convertible car seat( most we are just trying to replace it, im not a huge fan of it.) and my 2 yr old i cant remember what it is my husband took my car so i cant go look. BUt hers doesn't sit right in my van, it leans really far back and we have tried everything to get it right.

I have a honda odyssey.

For the 4 year old boy I would recommend either a Graco Nautilus or an Evenflo SecureKid.

For the 2 year old

For the baby I would recommend either a Graco Size 4 me, Maxi Cosi Pria, Graco Milestone or a Britax Click Tight Marathon I would suggest looking at Kohls with a 30% off coupon and Kohls cash- if you can afford it now they have a great sale going in listed in this thread. A regular Britax marathon (G4) would probably be a good seat too if you don't feel the need to pay extra for the click tight.

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=274723

For the 1 year old - Pretty much the same recommendation as the 2 year old.

I'm trying to keep your budget around $ 200 vs $300 because you can get some very nice seats for under $200- but if you want to spend more also look at the Chicco Nextfit or the Safety 1st Advance SE 65 Air
    Mommy to Jake, a.k.a Booger Breath #1- born March 2012 and Sawyer, my little "Soy Bean"- born May 2014

Playing the Car Seat Shuffle between a True Fit Premier, Guide 65, Graco MySize, Graco Milestone and a Maxi Cosi Pria

Thank you!

Senior Community Member Dillipop's Avatar
    With 2 younger siblings to pass down to, I'd consider the britax frontier for the oldest. It has a 9 year expiration, so it should get all your kids through it as each kid moves to a booster, possibly even using booster mode for the youngest before expiring. I like how easy it is to install and change the harness height on it.

CCO 4/15

8. Thank You from:

how would a britax Pioneer compare to a Frontier?

Senior Community Member Dillipop's Avatar
    The pioneer has a traditional belt path and I've read that it can be a bit I a pain to install. Te frontier has click tight for installation and it literally takes 30 seconds to install after reading the manual. Easy install trumped the lower cost of the pioneer when I was looking.

CCO 4/15

For the 4 year old I would recommend a Graco Nautilus or Argos or Britax Frontier
    For the other 2 I would recommend Graco Size4Me/Fit4Me seats or Graco 4 evers
    Momma to X (1-15-14) RFing in a Graco Extend2Fit Seat in a 1999 Pontiac Montana