Question Car seat Recommendations

IndiaRose

With our tax return we are going to be replacing my 3 younger childrens car seats and I have no idea what to get.

I have a 4 yr old boy average height and about 40lbs who is in a forward facing seat now.

I have a 2 year old girl who is 25 lbs is in a rear facing carseat.

and a 1 year old boy 19lbs and 27 in long, who is still in a baby carrier.

are price range is $300 or lower per car seat.

Any recomendations would be awesome.

Thank you!

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Hi there.

In what seats are they now, and why would you like to replace them? We don't want to repeat what you have that you don't want!

Also, what car do you drive?

Wendy

IndiaRose

My 1 year old has a Graco SnugRide Click Connect 30 Infant Car Seat(just trying to get him out of the infant seat), my 4 yr old has safety 1st all in one convertible car seat( most we are just trying to replace it, im not a huge fan of it.) and my 2 yr old i cant remember what it is my husband took my car so i cant go look. BUt hers doesn't sit right in my van, it leans really far back and we have tried everything to get it right.

I have a honda odyssey.

1mommy

For the 4 year old boy I would recommend either a Graco Nautilus or an Evenflo SecureKid.

For the 2 year old

For the baby I would recommend either a Graco Size 4 me, Maxi Cosi Pria, Graco Milestone or a Britax Click Tight Marathon I would suggest looking at Kohls with a 30% off coupon and Kohls cash- if you can afford it now they have a great sale going in listed in this thread. A regular Britax marathon (G4) would probably be a good seat too if you don't feel the need to pay extra for the click tight.

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=274723

For the 1 year old - Pretty much the same recommendation as the 2 year old.

I'm trying to keep your budget around $ 200 vs $300 because you can get some very nice seats for under $200- but if you want to spend more also look at the Chicco Nextfit or the Safety 1st Advance SE 65 Air

Dillipop

With 2 younger siblings to pass down to, I'd consider the britax frontier for the oldest. It has a 9 year expiration, so it should get all your kids through it as each kid moves to a booster, possibly even using booster mode for the youngest before expiring. I like how easy it is to install and change the harness height on it.

Dillipop

The pioneer has a traditional belt path and I've read that it can be a bit I a pain to install. Te frontier has click tight for installation and it literally takes 30 seconds to install after reading the manual. Easy install trumped the lower cost of the pioneer when I was looking.

RCMurphy09

For the 4 year old I would recommend a Graco Nautilus or Argos or Britax Frontier
For the other 2 I would recommend Graco Size4Me/Fit4Me seats or Graco 4 evers

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC