Canadian Peg

Hazelandlucy

Does the rebound bar come already attached to the base? I would really, really like this seat with a rebound bar! Do any Canadian stores ship to the US and it would be a case of buying the whole seat or could I get just the rebound bar?

ADS

featherhead

Yes, the rebound bar is attached to the seat, I don't think you can take it off or order it separate.

1mommy

You could probably order from Amazon.CA and they could ship to U.S. for extra fee. P.S. You do know that using a Canadian Seat is technically illegal?

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Looks the Pegs on Amazon.ca are US seats as they ship from Bunnyberry USA. So not actually legal to import into or use in Canada. LOL

Hazelandlucy

Just verifying that if I take out the center console I think there is a suitable place to tether? That would eliminate my downward rotation fear into the center console as well, lol. I have got to stop reading those crash studies.

Does the Peg really have more leg room than the Britax? It doesn't measure much different, but is much wider - is that why?

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Mine has an ARB and I think that's some of what gives more legroom and it has way more legroom than a Britax seat (the G2/G3, we don't have click tight here yet). She needs to go into a V shape with her legs extending higher than her head up the back seat in her Britax. In the Peg she can still fold and if she puts them straight up, they aren't above her head height!

I'm honestly contemplating replacing her Britax due to that as it's hard to get her in and buckle her harness properly. I'm just waiting for the click tight convertibles to see if they take up less space than another Peg though.

And she still has probably 3" above her head in the Britax. She almost 3 and is 37.5" tall but has long legs it seems.

Hazelandlucy

Mine has an ARB and I think that's some of what gives more legroom and it has way more legroom than a Britax seat (the G2/G3, we don't have click tight here yet). She needs to go into a V shape with her legs extending higher than her head up the back seat in her Britax. In the Peg she can still fold and if she puts them straight up, they aren't above her head height!

I'm honestly contemplating replacing her Britax due to that as it's hard to get her in and buckle her harness properly. I'm just waiting for the click tight convertibles to see if they take up less space than another Peg though.

And she still has probably 3" above her head in the Britax. She almost 3 and is 37.5" tall but has long legs it seems.

My almost 3 yr old is 36.5 and has no room for her legs either. She has about 2 inches over head, but I just find the leg room ridiculous in the G3. No she doesn't complain, but it makes me cringe! This seat will be for the baby to stay in until she is 4 because I want to use the Foonf FF for my oldest instead of passing it down next year. So that's why I keep shying away from the Clicktights because they are not any better with leg room.

But I don't think I need another Foonf or Fllo just for rear facing. Will never come near 50 lbs before 4. I love the rebound bar though.

Loved the Pria except no rebound. Maybe I should not worry about it, but knowing myself it's going to be hard to get a seat that is lacking a potential safety feature others have!

So it's the Peg and removing the console I guess!

I put the click tight in my car and it doesn't take up much room at all. I think the Peg takes up more.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC