2014 Subaru Forester -3 across

bdownham

Assistance needed by BTDT, experts, and/or techs! Thank you in advance!

My oldest is 6 (48.5 in and 58 lb) and in a britax parkway (HBB), my 15 mo old (30 in and 17 lb) and has very little time left in her keyfit. I am due with my 3rd baby in January.

I drive a 2014 Subaru Forester and my husband drives a 2007 Prius, which is the secondary vehicle, and we need to fit 3 seats in the back. I am not on a budget and currently looking at a Foonf, Radian RXT, Oober, or Coccoro (This may be a better option for the new baby vs my 15 mo old in the prius, but due to the compact design it is on the table for one of the littles). I am hoping to use the keyfit for the newborn. I am also looking at a clek oober for the 6 yo (which I can then use for my 15 mo old once he outgrows it and she is ready for it by outgrowing her next seat). Since I need to get a new seat for my 15 mo old sooner rather than later, I need to make sure I don't mess it up by getting the wrong one to fit 3.

Does anyone here have a 2014 Forester with 3 car seats across? What are my best bets for an infant, tiny tot, and 6 yo? Upgrading my car is not an option as it is brand new (purchased less than 2 mo before 3rd pregnancy). Plus, we love that car and would rather invest in a whole new set of car seats than change vehicles.
Thank you!

I tried to reply to a thread from 2013, but was unable to do so; therefore, I apologize for duplicating.

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The Radian will give you a lot of options, and the Coccoro for the Prius.

I think a Parkway, Radian, and Keyfit should fit in the Forester. Luckily Subaru has widened the backseat over the last 10 years.

The Oobr is a bit tricky, since it'll want to attach to the lower anchors and that fixes it into position, maybe closer to the middle than you'd like. Your 15 month old is also about five years from booster ready, so they could use the Oobr later, but briefly. Just fyi.

I think a Radian and a Coccoro for right now will be good, then later you can reevaluate when the Keyfit is outgrown. Do you get another Radian for each car? Do you get a Foonf at that point? A Prius can't have anything touch the back of the front seats, so I think the Coccoro will help there since a Radian may be a bit big. The angle adjuster is hard to find right now. That should help later.

Wendy

lpperry

You can definitely get a 3 across in that backseat! Having a radian would be a very good choice. I agree that the Radian, Keyfit, and a booster should fit. If it is too hard to buckle the booster, a Radian, Coccoro, and booster would work well.

We have a 2014 Subaru XV. The backseat is narrower than the Forester, but we can still get 3 across. I have two Radians and a narrow booster.

bdownham

Thank you both!!! I had a Sunshine kids radian with my oldest and loved how safe he was in it, but hated how long the seat was diagonally. I found the angle adjuster on amazon for about $11 so we will probably get it with the radian to cut down on lost space.

I love the foonf an want one so bad. I have about .5-1 inch left of growing room on the keyfit for LO so I am waiting on the 2014 models to come out at Buy Buy Baby so I can test them in my car. I love the rainier, but it's so wide at the top I'm unsure if it will fit my needs.

bdownham

Doesn't the KeyFit have a 30" height limit, meaning OP's 15mo has outgrown it now?

Correct, my LO is 30 inches and has out grown it with length; however, her head is about 2 inches below the shell so I have a bit of room (not much and it does make me nervous). She is also sitting parallel to the top shoulder belt path. I have a very small child :\

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC