2012 corolla which convertible seat-Canada

allicat

My son 11 months, 20 lbs and 29 inches is just about to the max in height for his bucket seat. We have started shopping for a convertible seat and are having trouble to find one that will fit in the back seat comfortably and also leave the front passenger comfortable.
We were looking at the Evenflo triumph and Evenflo Sureride but it looks like they won't fit rear facing without the passenger being at the dash. We have considered the Britax Marathon, Peg Perego Viaggio both expensive seats and were hoping to get something a little more affordable if possible. Please suggest a convertible car seat that will fit in our 2012 Corolla.

ADS

Mary_Ann

Hi! Unfortunately, we don't have a lot of affordable compact seats here. If you want to stay around $200. You can look at the Britax Classic Marathon, sold only at Target. It only goes to 35lbs rear facing, but should fit well in your car.

The Evenflo Sureride needs a 45° recline, so it likely won't fit. I don't know about the Triumph, sorry. Maybe the Graco My Ride could fit, it's around $200.

Hope that helps!

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
We have a comparison of convertible seats that take up less space in small cars here:

http://carseatblog.com/22818/the-ul...ertible-space-comparison-review-size-matters/

The $39 Cosco Scenera is worth a try, also. It's relatively small, though you may need a pool noodle in some cars to get it to a comfortable recline angle. It's no frills, but also easy to return at Walmart if you don't like it:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Cosco-Scenera-Convertible-Car-Seat/16932760

The Britax Roundabout G4 is also less expensive than the Marathon:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Britax-Roundabout-Convertible-Seat-Onyx/dp/B00F9Q3FPC/"]Amazon.com : Britax Roundabout G4 Convertible Car Seat, Onyx : Convertible Child Safety Car Seats : Baby[/ame]

5littleH2OBabies

The Scenera would only rear face for another 3", I wouldn't go that route.

The MyRide also tales up more space than the SureRide. I can easily fit a SureRide in my Mini but no way would a MyRide fit.

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
My son 11 months, 20 lbs and 29 inches is just about to the max in height for his bucket seat. We have started shopping for a convertible seat and are having trouble to find one that will fit in the back seat comfortably and also leave the front passenger comfortable.
We were looking at the Evenflo triumph and Evenflo Sureride but it looks like they won't fit rear facing without the passenger being at the dash. We have considered the Britax Marathon, Peg Perego Viaggio both expensive seats and were hoping to get something a little more affordable if possible. Please suggest a convertible car seat that will fit in our 2012 Corolla.

Have you tried installing in the middle? And actually install, don't just sit it there. You can also gain front-to-back space by standing behind the seat and wedging it BACK with your pelvis, as you tighten down the belt (must use the belt in the middle, not lower anchors).

I would suggest you try the MyRide ($160 at Costco.ca, a little more elsewhere), it's quite good in small spaces, as well as the Evenflo Titan 65/SureRide ($99 at Walmart, a little more elsewhere, on sale right now for $84 at Bestbuy.ca plus get $15 off if you sign up for their Viva Baby program). Those would be my top two budget options.

How long do you hope to rear-face for?

allicat

Have you tried installing in the middle? And actually install, don't just sit it there. You can also gain front-to-back space by standing behind the seat and wedging it BACK with your pelvis, as you tighten down the belt (must use the belt in the middle, not lower anchors).

I would suggest you try the MyRide ($160 at Costco.ca, a little more elsewhere), it's quite good in small spaces, as well as the Evenflo Titan 65/SureRide ($99 at Walmart, a little more elsewhere, on sale right now for $84 at Bestbuy.ca plus get $15 off if you sign up for their Viva Baby program). Those would be my top two budget options.

How long do you hope to rear-face for?

We have not actually tried to fit the seat in the car yet, my husband is almost 6 feet so the drivers seat is pretty far back.
Next time we go shopping we plan to try the seats in the car.

We are hoping to rear face until at least 2 years old, longer if possible.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC