My 4-month old too big for B-Safe already?!?

ArdPhil

Has anyone else had issues with the straps on the B-Safe simply being too short for their child? I'm quite certain that I have the straps extended to the longest length possible and threaded through the appropriate slot for my boy's height, but buckling him in is always a challenge, and the fit is getting to be way too snug for my comfort level. And this is without a Bundle-Me, cold weather clothing, and as of a week ago, not even the padded insert that comes with the car seat.

We'll be getting new measurements and percentiles from the pediatrician tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure that my son is not a freakishly large child, and am mystified as to why he seems to have outgrown the length of the straps for this car seat. Does anyone have any feedback or help they can offer on this? Thanks in advance.

ADS

LM4M

CPST Instructor
Hi! Can you take a photo of the child strapped into the seat, and also one of the back of the seat where the harness straps are threaded through the slots?

Baylor

Has anyone else had issues with the straps on the B-Safe simply being too short for their child? I'm quite certain that I have the straps extended to the longest length possible and threaded through the appropriate slot for my boy's height, but buckling him in is always a challenge, and the fit is getting to be way too snug for my comfort level. And this is without a Bundle-Me, cold weather clothing, and as of a week ago, not even the padded insert that comes with the car seat.

We'll be getting new measurements and percentiles from the pediatrician tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure that my son is not a freakishly large child, and am mystified as to why he seems to have outgrown the length of the straps for this car seat. Does anyone have any feedback or help they can offer on this? Thanks in advance.

Can you give us height and weight of the child?

ArdPhil

Uhh, I don't think we need help anymore. Suffice it to say, upon further inspection, where we thought there was no slack, we found slack. Sorry! Glad that our otherwise ok car seat will clearly last a good number of months more, and if an administrator sees this thread and can delete it, please do!

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC