new booster for a 10 year old?

mykidsmom

My daughter is 10 years old and weighs almost 70 pounds and I think she is about 53 inches give or take.

In my car she rides in a Diono Monterey. Usually she rides without the back, but we have the option to attach the back for long trips where I want her to sleep in the car. She also rides sometimes in a no back Evenflo Amp. I drive a 2013 Chrysler T&C.

I am divorced. In her father's car, I am 99.9% sure her Vivo is expired. He drives a Jeep Patriot. I think it is 2012 or 2013. Both kids ride in Vivo's in his car, but one is older and I think it is expired. I would like to tell him that it is expired, but I know he will ask me what to buy her. Well, more than likely he'll ask me to buy it. He may even balk at the idea of her still in a booster when her friends are not. She has pointed out to me that her friends don't use boosters, but she has never complained to me that she does.

Her dad knows nothing about the seats and I have always picked what they ride in. What booster should I suggest for him? Should I pick one that can convert between backless and with a back? Or just tell him to pick a no back booster for her? What boosters are recommended for kids her age and size?

Thanks!!

ADS

veggiegirl228

The [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Safety-1st-Incognito-Positioning-Black/dp/B00FLXBHIU"]Safety 1st Incognito[/ame] would be an option. You can also order online at Home Depot.

Here is a review on it at

Baylor

My daughter is 10 years old and weighs almost 70 pounds and I think she is about 53 inches give or take.

In my car she rides in a Diono Monterey. Usually she rides without the back, but we have the option to attach the back for long trips where I want her to sleep in the car. She also rides sometimes in a no back Evenflo Amp. I drive a 2013 Chrysler T&C.

I am divorced. In her father's car, I am 99.9% sure her Vivo is expired. He drives a Jeep Patriot. I think it is 2012 or 2013. Both kids ride in Vivo's in his car, but one is older and I think it is expired. I would like to tell him that it is expired, but I know he will ask me what to buy her. Well, more than likely he'll ask me to buy it. He may even balk at the idea of her still in a booster when her friends are not. She has pointed out to me that her friends don't use boosters, but she has never complained to me that she does.

Her dad knows nothing about the seats and I have always picked what they ride in. What booster should I suggest for him? Should I pick one that can convert between backless and with a back? Or just tell him to pick a no back booster for her? What boosters are recommended for kids her age and size?

Thanks!!

At her age as long as there is head support for her she does not need a high back booster. A lbb will be fine. Do you know how to see if she 5 steps? I have a 9 year old that 5 steps in my dh's car but not in mine yet. If he does not want her to have one you can check if she 5 steps in his car safely. If not I would encourage a booster but in the end, He may not use it.

babyherder

I'd have your kiddo pick out a new backless booster, hand it to your ex and tell him your child picked it to use in his car. Backless boosters are cheap and this way avoids the fuss of recommendations and who pays.

aeormsby

I'd have your kiddo pick out a new backless booster, hand it to your ex and tell him your child picked it to use in his car. Backless boosters are cheap and this way avoids the fuss of recommendations and who pays.

That's a great idea. I'd look at the Incognito linked earlier or a Harmony Youth booster. For a 10 year old I'd try to get something with a deeper seat so she has enough leg support.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC