RF or FF in Jeep Wrangler 01

U

Unregistered

After reading your forum, I am sort of confused to whether I should have my 2 year old DS FF or RF in the back seat of my DH Jeep Wrangler. Son #2 is 24# and 36 inches. I am planning on purchasing 2 Radians for my boys for the Jeep (son #1 is 4 years, 32# and 40inches). Most prefer to keep RF until the child meets limits of car seat, but the Wrangler is so unprotected on the sides and rear. I am confused. Any advise will be appreciated. Also, do you all recommend anything better than the Radians for the backseat of a Wrangler? Thanks in advance!!

ADS

ccjones

Since DH had a 2001 Jeep Wrangler AND a Radian, I thought I would chime in. Since the backseat of the Wrangler only has two seating positions, both outboard, you're gonna have one Radian behind the driver's seat and one behind the passenger seat.

I have pics of RF Radian behind the passenger seat. It was very easy to install, but it does take up alot of room. Instead of moving the passenger seat forward (where my knees would eat the dash), I decided to make the front passenger seatback more upright, so I was sitting almost at a 90 degree angle.

I'd be hesitant to put a RF Radian behind the driver's seat, just because I think you'd have to move the driver's seat too far forward or make the seatback too upright for the driver to be comfortable.

IF was in your situation, I'd put your 4yo FF behind the driver's seat, and the 2yo RF behind the passenger seat. And since your son #2 is 2yo, you should try to keep him RF, but I wouldn't feel too guilty if you end up needing to put him FF as well, if you find RF takes up too much room.

Don't forget that Jeeps have roll bars, which...while not side curtain airbags, they do keep the frame of the Jeep from collapsing in a rollover.

Here's a pic of RF Radian behind passenger seat:
DSC04089.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC