What to do with my old Coccoro?

nikamom

DS has outgrown his Coccoro (we are fixing the recall issue) and I don't know anyone else with little ones who can use it. I'd like to donate it if anyone knows any organizations that would take it. I'd hate to throw away a perfectly good car seat with 3 more years left before it expires....

ADS

Keeanh

Once the recall is taken care of, I think donating is a great idea! If you have a local Safekids, that's where I would start. Or give it to a friend. Or sell it. You're right, there's no reason to throw it out when it has so much life left :)

Baylor

They won't take it. They don't take used seats as far as I know.

You can give it to a friend that could use it, or you could try and sell it.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Sell it, after you've fixed the recalled harness. :)

Do you have enough posts on CSO to put it up on the Swap board? If not, put it on Craigslist. You may be saving a Craigslist buyer from getting a crashed or otherwise compromised seat!

Mom2natalie

I agree about Craigslist.

Are you on Facebook? I'm a member of several local yard sale groups on Facebook. Many allow the sale of car seats.

cookie123

Try FB and CL. I had a hard time selling my CCO on CL though. I did finally get $150 for it. So $50 + tax for 2 times - that's only $25 per use! And the knowledge that I can finally stop lusting after it!

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Try your Safe Kids anyway. They might like it as a training seat. I know I'd take it in a heartbeat!

daniele_ut

I sold mine to a local member on here after I got the harness from Combi. She needed another Cocorro for one of her twins and I needed to offset the cost of a new seat for DS2. Win-win!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC