Favorite Backless Booster for small booster rider

bella_1818

I want to get a backless booster for DS for a third string backup seat and for his friends that are all riding in boosters anyway to use when we give them a ride home.

It would be awesome if it fit well enough I'd be comfortable with him riding in it to/from swim team, where his parka (ankle length rain jacket-very thin) keeps him from riding harnessed. Right now we spend 30 minutes changing clothes at swim just to do it again at home after he showers.

Must have LATCH. Going outboard on third row of 2013 Odyssey with leather seats.

I'll come back and post pictures after it arrives since the nearest Safe Kids is 2 hours from me :(

ADS

sirrahn

Until you said it must have LATCH I would have said Harmony literider/youth booster hands down. Always an excellent belt fit on small kids ime.

What about the Connext? It's similar in shape. We like our backless Affix, but it's wider and bulkier. It's OK for my skinny 8 yr old, but her literider is better IMO. Hth!

kam1011

Until you said it must have LATCH I would have said Harmony literider/youth booster hands down. Always an excellent belt fit on small kids ime.

I would have said this, too, and I'll add for your purposes, I think you would be better off without latch. This way, you have it easily accessible for carpools to grab and go. I always keep a spare Evenflo Amp in the back of the van for extra guests and grab it whenever my 7yo goes off with a friend or relative. It's quick and easy.

bella_1818

I would have said this, too, and I'll add for your purposes, I think you would be better off without latch. This way, you have it easily accessible for carpools to grab and go. I always keep a spare Evenflo Amp in the back of the van for extra guests and grab it whenever my 7yo goes off with a friend or relative. It's quick and easy.
It will live in the third row seat. I don't want it to be a projectile.

veggiegirl228

Yes the Graco Connext. It latches and you find it at Walmart for $15-18. The shape helps it fit into tighter spaces more often (narrow at back). To give an idea of youth rider (literider) to Connext for size and shape. I have a couple of more pictures if need them, let me know :)

Last edited:

henrietta

Yes the Graco Connext. It latches and you find it at Walmart for $15-18. The shape helps it fit into tighter spaces more often (narrow at back). To give an idea of youth rider (literider) to Connext for size and shape. I have a couple of more pictures if need them, let me know :)

For a smaller booster rider, it will just depend on how leggy they are. I'd love for our backless to latch, but the Connext is too deep for him to not slouch and in a 3 across that's tight, it isn't likely to work no matter how narrow the back is. The Harmony literider does work.

For your your child, the Connext may fit him fine, b/c all kids are built differently.

And fwiw, the Harmony literider and Cosco topsider are both slim enough and light enough to be stowed under the back seat, so that they aren't a projectile. In fact, on long trips, we usually use a high back booster for ds1 (well, we used to, before our 3 across!) and put the literider on the floor for a footrest. When we get to our destination, we'd have the literider as a backup seat to ride with his cousins.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC