Radian RF Install

MAVDK

Hi there,
Thanks to everyone that helped me with picking a convertible seat. However, I'm trying to get a good fit RFing the Radian and I'm a little confused about the adjustable bottom. The directions say that it should be raised but all of the images that I see seem to depict it lowered. I realize that the extra extension needs to be attached but do I have to also raise the adjustable bottom?
Thanks!!

ADS

featherhead

Hi there,
Thanks to everyone that helped me with picking a convertible seat. However, I'm trying to get a good fit RFing the Radian and I'm a little confused about the adjustable bottom. The directions say that it should be raised but all of the images that I see seem to depict it lowered. I realize that the extra extension needs to be attached but do I have to also raise the adjustable bottom?
Thanks!!

The wording is kind of confusing. It should be tucked in to the seat, not sticking out. It is only to be used for forward-facing.

MAVDK

Thanks @featherhead. So, when RF it should be tucked into the seat and not raised? You only pull it out (i.e., raise it) for FF?

dragonfly8

Yes, that's correct. It needs to be tucked in (so the bottom of the seat is flat) and the RF boot must be on, for rear facing.
Pulling it out (so there is a bit of a recline, but not much) is only for FF.

Last edited:

MAVDK

Thanks! I totally understood it the other way, that the adjuster had to be pulled out, for RF. It seemed like the angle was way off, though.
This will be much bette with it tucked in. Thanks! :)

Lee-B-

I had to come here and post the same question when we got ours. The wording in the manual was veryyyyyy misleading!

Mom_In_SA

Hi, these might help:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEBDeNewbnA"]Install Diono Radian® Car Seat Rear-facing with SuperLATCH™ - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzJvonwKqp8"]Install Diono Radian® Car Seat Rear-facing with Lap/Shoulder Belt - YouTube[/ame]

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC