Question Marathon 70 back issues

RomErin

My 2.5 year old is RF in marathon 70 and pretty much every time we put him in his seat he yells about his back bothering him. Once he is strapped in and we are moving down the road he stops complaining. But this is practically every time he is put in the seat. Has anyone experienced something similar? Is this just a phase?

ADS

Minnesota

CPST Instructor
I'd hate to dismiss a legitimate complaint from him, but to me it sounds like he's just saying it to have something to say, out of habit. I'd think that if he is genuinely uncomfortable due to some aspect of the seat, it would get worse the longer he's in the seat, and not easily be distracted by the car moving. Even so, I'd feel around on the seat just to see if there is anything that could be giving him a poke.

Keeyamah

Maybe, just to be on the safe side, uninstall it, wash the cover and vacuum out the shell and see if it keeps happening? Just a thought.

But I also kinda bet it's become a habit for him to just complain to complain.

wavegal

I have to agree with Minnesota on this, the complaining would be worse not better, but maybe there is a tag or something in clothing that bugs him?

tiggercat

I assume you've examined the seat in that area, making sure the cover padding is lying properly, the FF lock offs are closed, and that there is nothing physically poking at him?

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

featherhead

Are the straps behind him when you put him in the seat? If so maybe the buckles are poking him. I do this to my almost 2 year old all the time.

RomErin

The straps are off to the side and I've felt under the outer flap and I haven't felt anything that would be poking at him. I will have to take a look to find the FF lock offs. The seat has never been FF so I wouldn't think they would have suddenly changed... But who knows.

YinzerMama

Kids will say the funniest thing to get out of a situation. I was trying car seats at BRU recently and I put my kid in one of the newer Britax convertibles and remarked that he looked kind of squished (they seem lacking in shoulder room compared to the classics and he's a little dude). Well later we moseyed over to the evenflo sureride (back in the dark, dark corner of budget seats) and if you have looked at this seat it is GIANT, the little guy was swimming in it - he started yelling "I'm squished, I'm squished!" because he wanted to get out and play with the toys.

Def. check for something poking him but it's possible someone said something to him at soe point about a seat hurting his back and now he's just repeating it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC