Question Recaro Performance Sport vs Britax Boulevard-Install Issues

U

Unregistered

Hoping for some help/advice here! After much research and deliberating, I narrowed my convertible carseat choices down to a Recaro Performance Sport and a Britax Boulevard. We ultimately ended up deciding on the Recaro based on a) how it fit in my car; b) how easy it was to effectively put a squirming, unhappy 10-month-old in it; and c) how comfortable she seemed once she was strapped in (based on the wicking fabric, since she is a hot baby in a hot climate, and her appearance in the seat.) I plan on extended rear-facing her until the carseat no longer allows it due to her size. I drive a 2004 honda civic and a 2005 Chevy silverado (both LATCH equipped). She is my only child thus far and I and would love to have the seat installed in the center for maximum safety as long as possible. However, my husband and I CANNOT seem to get the seat installed tightly enough. We tried the center and side seats in both vehicles. We even tried calling Recaro, who basically told us that they recommend the carseats be installed in the rear passenger seats, and if we can't get it tight enough, to take it to the fire station and have them do it for us. Does anyone know if the Britax is more effectively installed in the rear center seat, or if we take back the Recaro and get the Britax, will we be struggling with the same issue? My daughter's safety is my utmost concern, with comfort being next. If the Britax will install in the center seat better, I'd rather exchange the Recaro for that...but if we will have the same issue, I'd rather keep the Recaro since she is worlds more comfortable in it. Thanks in advance for any advice. Also, I'd prefer advice only on these 2 brands due to my own personal research...thanks :)

ADS

Dorothy

Is your Silverado a crew cab or ext cab? My '05 Silverado crew cab has LATCH center and passenger.

I don't have any experience with the Recaro Performance Ride, I'm afraid.

Posted using the app. :)

U

Unregistered

Yes, silverado is latch equipped in the center and side positions. I
You're right...I did mean the performance ride. Any similar problems as we are having? Any success with the britax?

Dorothy

Can you elaborate very specifically on the problems you're having installing your Performance Ride, please? That might help us trouble shoot.

I looked at the manual online. It *looks* like, once you get the LATCH strap rerouted to the rearfacing position, that it *should* work fine in a LATCH position. But, trust me, I know that appearances can be decieving. ;)

I know Wendy asked above, but have you tried a seatbelt install?

Oh, and just to touch on your other question a bit, I don't see any reason why a Britax wouldn't work. They are well-loved for their (usually) easy installs in most vehicles.

Posted using the app. :)

1mommy

Taking it to a fire station and asking them to teach you how to install your seat might be helpful, although they are not always the most knowledgeable. You could also try contacting a tech from this board. I know there is a list here somewhere, perhaps someone can link to it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC