Pictures of Swedish and Norwegian car seats RF up till 55 lbs

*HH*

Just wanted to show you some of the Scandinavian seats that kids can sit RF for up till 55 lbs(or till they out grow the seat in height). Most of the seats have various colour combinations to choose from as well(not that matters, the important thing is the safety).

Britax Secura
britax_secura.gif

Britax Two Way Elite
britax_twoway07.gif

Britax Hi-Way
Bilbarnstol_HiWayStMoritz.jpg

Britax Freeway
Britax%204.jpg

Brio Zento
1333-300x300.jpg

MaxiCosi Mobi
bjorn.jpg

Akta Graco Cosmic Comfort
0eef89ea10eeb3b498.jpg

ADS

*HH*

What do you think of the Hiway and thet Freeway?

Hi-way is the seat that is taking over for Freeway. My understanding is that Freeway is still for sale but is no longer produced.

I haven't tried any of the seats my self except the Two Way Elite. I have heard that Freeway has a shorter seatback than TWE, that is the only negative comment I have seen about the Freeway. People that have the Freeway or the Hi-Way seems to be pretty satisfied with their seats :)

Not much help from me :eek:

keri1292

Your seats look so high tech compared to ours. :rolleyes: BV's and Comos would probably seem like Sceneras to you. I want those seats! :crying:

*HH*

Your seats look so high tech compared to ours. :rolleyes: BV's and Comos would probably seem like Sceneras to you. I want those seats! :crying:

comfort.gif

Maybe you ought to try start a campaing or something bout RF, maybe that is the way to go?

On a Norwegian discussion board we have done that about RF. Many of us sent emails to our local newspapers and asked them to do a article about the importance of RF. Next week I'll be in our local newspaper with my DS. I myself actually got two papers to write about it, yes I am a bit proud :eek: I packed mine with information and links, wrote a little about the content of each link.

If you get even more focus on RF maybe the manufactures will produces seats that have a higher weight limit in the US as well? I guess it's much about supply and demand as well.

I have an impression that we often have smaller cars still we have more room in our backseats. Has any one else noticed that? Or perhaps the Scandinavian car safety seats have a shorter seats than the seats in the US? So we have a little more legroom for our kids in the back? :confused:

CRS

Senior Community Member
Or perhaps the Scandinavian car safety seats have a shorter seats than the seats in the US? So we have a little more legroom for our kids in the back? :confused:

The American seats have to be installed right up against the seat back - they can't be installed a little back from it to give more leg room. They also have to be installed at an angle between 45degrees and 30degrees where as the Scandanavian seats can be far more upright which I think helps a little.

kaylee18

HH,

Thanks for the gallery. I'm drooling over those lovely seats.

I'm a bit confused, though, because I had thought that several of them did not go to 25kg (55lbs). [Edited to add that CRS and HH did a lovely job of enlightening me, and all the seats pictured above do indeed RF to 55lbs!:thumbsup:]

For example:

Britax Freeway - Appears to have had a max harness weight of 18kg (39.6lb), and to have been a FF seat. The Fixway is RF but also lists a harness weight limit of 18kg.

Graco Cosmic Comfort - this site appears to say it's up to 18kg. RF and 15-25kg. FF.

Brio Zento - This one's the most confusing: "BRIO Zento can be fitted rear-facing for children 0-25 kg using the car’s two-point or three-point seatbelt and the tether strap, which is included. As a forward-facing child safety seat, BRIO Zento is fitted using the car’s three-point seatbelt. Children who weigh 15-18 kg are restrained with the integral safety harness. When BRIO Zento is used as a booster seat for children who weigh 15-25 kg, the seat and child are both restrained with the car’s three-point seatbelt." - So, if the harness weight limit is 18kg, after which it is a BPB, then how can it be used RF to 25?

But the Maxi Cosi Mobi is on my wish list now! Dedicated RF, 9-25kg. The manual's even online in English here, though it doesn't include a copy of the "car list" to determine in which vehicles it fits. 8yrs. from DOM to expiration. Slot height limits the use of this seat, since the manual specifies that the slot used should be at or above the child's shoulders. Slot heights not listed in manual (of course).

The Britax Two Way Plus/Elite, Secura, and Secura Hi-Way are all drool-worthy as well, and all have a maximum child height determined by their shell heights, not their top slot heights. The Hi-Way can be used until the eye-line is even with the shell top; not sure on the guideline (top of head or eye-line) for the others.

If anyone (HH?) could share measurements of the top slot height on the Mobi or the tops of the shells on the Britax high-weight RF seats, I will buy them a carton of ice cream. :D

Last edited:

CRS

Senior Community Member
I'm a bit confused, though, because I had thought that several of them did not go to 25kg (55lbs). For example:

Britax Freeway - Appears to have had a max harness weight of 18kg (39.6lb), and to have been a FF seat. The Fixway is RF but also lists a harness weight limit of 18kg.

Graco Cosmic Comfort - this site appears to say it's up to 18kg. RF and 15-25kg. FF.

The Graco Cosmic Comfort :

E-rev 04 godkänd (bakåtvänd) upp till 25 kg i framsäte och till 18 kg med stödben i baksätet (ca 5 mån - ca 4/5 år). Godkänd för framåtvänd användning med trepunktsbälte 15-25 kg (4 – 5/6 år).

It means, that you can only rear-face till 18kg if it's in the back of the car but if you have it in the front seat braced against the dashboard (with airbags off of course) then you can use it rear-facing up until 25kg. It is said (this is what the Scandinavians believe as this has been researched over there) that bracing against the dash makes the seat "one with the car" and is actually safer in a crash then in the rear seat (braced against a front seat) and that the forces are distributed better this way. If you use it in the front seat you can use it with a child up to 25kg, otherwise only 18kg in the rear seat.

Brio Zento - This one's the most confusing: "BRIO Zento can be fitted rear-facing for children 0-25 kg using the car’s two-point or three-point seatbelt and the tether strap, which is included. As a forward-facing child safety seat, BRIO Zento is fitted using the car’s three-point seatbelt. Children who weigh 15-18 kg are restrained with the integral safety harness. When BRIO Zento is used as a booster seat for children who weigh 15-25 kg, the seat and child are both restrained with the car’s three-point seatbelt." - So, if the harness weight limit is 18kg, after which it is a BPB, then how can it be used RF to 25?

Yes it's rear-facing from 0-25kg and forward-facing from 9-18kg so I gather/remember. It's banked on rear-facing being so much more safer and that the load on the harness on a rear-facing seat (in a frontal crash) is so much more less then if they were forward-facing, does that make sense? And you can also use it as a BPB from 15-25kg if you want (because you're not using the harness).

And as for growing out of the seat.. I'm pretty sure that for all of them (or most of them any way) it's outgrown (height wise) when the tops of the ears/eye level reaches the top of the seat back or when one third of the head is above the top back.

Last edited:

*HH*

There is two different types of the Freeway seat, one English and one Nordic, the one sold in England is only FF. Freeway Nordic is up till 25 RF:
Anvendelse: 0 - 25 kg (nyfødt til ca. 6 år)

See CPS's answer

Brio Zento can be used RF from 0 - 25 kg, FF from 9-18 kg or as a booster from 15-25 kg. That doesn't you mean that you have to turn your child FF, all combi seats are recommended to use RF, because that is safest way to sit for the child.

Did this make things any clearer for you?

*HH*

And as for growing out of the seat.. I'm pretty sure that for all of them (or most of them any way) it's outgrown (height wise) when the tops of the ears/eye level reaches the top of the seat back or when one third of the head is above the top back.

That's right ;) and it is top of the ears :)

*HH*

Just for "fun" facts..

Look at these statistic, it shows the difference in children being injured or killed in cars accidents in Sweden and Great Britain, per 100000 children

diagram.jpg

In Sweden it is recommended to sit RF up till 4-5 years of age. You can especially see it on injured/deaths of the four year olds.

You can also see the difference between Sweden and France and Sweden and Germany HERE on page 9.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC