Recaro Performance Booster Pics

ADS

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I do not need 4 sets of boosters. I do not need 4 sets of boosters. I do not need 4 sets of boosters. I do not need 4 sets of boosters. I do not need 4 sets of boosters. I do not need 4 sets of boosters. I do not need 4 sets of boosters.

Oh how I love our ProBoosters, but that tippyness is what did them in. We keep them as a spare in the truck, but rarely get used. If I thought I could get 3 across with 2 of these beauties, DH might have me committed for getting yet another set of boosters! LOL Fortunately for me, and my wallet, I don't think they will work in our 3 across!

Athena

:love: Wow, they look nice! Pretty colors, cup holders, nice deep sides, the good latch connectors. And the position of those belt guides look promising for my car too (assuming the belt doesn't pop out of it). Of course, now that she finally fits the FR85 in booster mode, so I totally don't need this. :rolleyes:

However, I still haven't heard back from Recaro if it will require vehicle head rest support and what's the max belt guide height? It would be really nice to have an option,, especially a nice one, even if I may not need it.

aporthole

Ooooh, I really like the look of this. DS is still a long ways off from being even part-time booster ready, but I'm liking this one a lot. I really love Recaro's color options.

I know the brominated/chlorinated flame retardant issue is widely debated as to whether their presence in car seats really has any impact at all on kids, but I would still love to see Recaro phase those out just to make me feel better. When I contacted them 6 months ago they said they had no plans to to do such.

MJHY27

Pretty nice looking but I'll stick with the ones I have probably, I love the Envy and Hanna colors and they look sharp together :) I use pool noodles to prevent tipyness with my PBs and it works great. I love these boosters!

also noticed someone mentioned vehicle headrest, I thought proboosters didn't need headrests? the manual mentions nothing about it, is that just the new model?

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
also noticed someone mentioned vehicle headrest, I thought proboosters didn't need headrests? the manual mentions nothing about it, is that just the new model?

Depends who you ask! ;) Here is my convo with Recaro in July 2012...

Me:
It has recently been brought to my attention that the Recaro ProBooster requires vehicle head support behind the ProBooster at all times. This is not in the manual of my ProBooster. As a matter of fact, my manual states the vehicle head rest can be removed to get a better installation. The vehicle that my ProBoosters are in is an older pick up truck with no head rests.

What I need to know is, does the ProBooster require the use of head rests? If so, when did this change take effect? And is it retroactive? If it is, why have Recaro ProBooster owners not been notified of this change? And lastly, if this is correct, then is Recaro willing to accept return of my ProBoosters and offer me a full refund since I clearly won't be able to use them.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Recaro:
Please follow the ProBooster child restraint manual and your vehicle owner’s manual. We would like you to install the ProBooster per the manual and to first install with the vehicle head restraint and (if needed) the vehicle fitment bar to fill the gap. If the booster does not have a good fit and you need to remove the vehicle head restraint then please do so to install in the vehicle.

Athena

I had read something about Recaro boosters needing vehicle head rest support, but I've never talked to Recaro or read the manuals. I didn't mean to start any rumors.

Depends who you ask! ;) Here is my convo with Recaro in July 2012...

Wow, that's very different than I'd thought I'd read, but I hadn't read the manual. Sounds like our Parkway in that we were supposed to remove the vehicle head rest if it provided a better fit and it did. Wish I'd known and I hope that's the case for this new one.

I really want to know how tall it will go!!

Me too!!! I really hope it's tall. If it's only as tall as the FR85 harness, it'd be worthless to us. :(

KWear99

I saw this earlier today on their Facebook page and I'm so excited!! Now to decide on which color. :) I've asked about the vehicle headrest support too, but I haven't been given an answer.

Lenae

I love it! Our ProBooster is awesome. Provides a perfect belt fit for Colton, and I love the way it fits. My only complaint is the lack of cup holders. I may sell our new Parkway SGL to fund this Performance booster.

momtoo3

I asked on FB about if it needed head support behind it and the height of the tallest belt guide and got this response a min ago:

Stephanie, the Performance BOOSTER does not require a vehicle head rest behind it. All of the seat specs are on http://www.recaropromotion.com/performanceBooster.html. Thanks for your interest!

High Back Booster Car Seat Performance BOOSTER - RECARO
www.recaropromotion.com

I am so excited for this booster now! I hope it works for ds3 in my van or dh's Yukon! I have planned on the CruiserFix in my van and using the ProSport as a booster in the Yukon but now I think I need to save for the Performance Booster if only for the fact it has cup holders :p.

Athena

I asked on FB about if it needed head support behind it and the height of the tallest belt guide and got this response a min ago:

Stephanie, the Performance BOOSTER does not require a vehicle head rest behind it. All of the seat specs are on http://www.recaropromotion.com/performanceBooster.html. Thanks for your interest!

High Back Booster Car Seat Performance BOOSTER - RECARO
www.recaropromotion.com

Great news about vehicle head support, but I'm not seeing these specs with the tallest belt guide height. Where is that? Thanks!

cowgirlsmommy

I thought Recaro said before that the LATCH connectors were only to prevent it from being a projectile and they could not be tightened to help prevent the tipping issue. Has this changed?

Athena

I thought Recaro said before that the LATCH connectors were only to prevent it from being a projectile and they could not be tightened to help prevent the tipping issue. Has this changed?

That's weird. I wonder if they changed that.

It says

Which is the same as the current ProBooster.

I saw the seat measurement, but i was looking for shoulder belt guide height. Are you assuming the top shoulder height is the same as the probooster? Do we know that?? And that is ... well according to the measurements page it is only 20.75, so not terrible, but not great for us.

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
No. I loved my ProBooster. I will love this one even more. I must resist...

I'm glad that I don't like any of those covers. I don't like the black/grey or tan/color mixture.

tl01

I called to ask about the belt guide height in the highest position today and the rep had no idea what I was trying to ask about. It will be at the right start on September 1st and I am anxiously awaiting its arrival. The seat seems like it is pretty deep so I hope my DS1 finds it to be comfy and supportive.

JCsMomma

When I emailed a while back they said other retailers will have it October 1st.

My DS has already picked out the red! IME, the colors are much more vibrant IRL. We have a rose Performance Sport and the color is SO pretty!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC