Question Im too short!

MommaTo3inNH

Ok, I am only 5' and the seatbelt cuts into my neck even on the lowest setting. My seat can go
Higher but it doesn't help much and makes it uncomfortable to drive. Is there anything I can do besides a hair elastic pulling the
Shoulder strap down to the lap belt? (I only do that on long drives)

ADS

MommaTo3inNH

No ducking!!! If my at butt would fit I would all over it! Thing is if I go too high it's tough to reach the pedals! I was thinking something to clamp on the belt to hold it in place... This is what I do
Now.

image-132630560.jpg

Attachments

• image-2071698588.jpg
    image-2071698588.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

featherhead

I would not do that. There is a product that someone here has tried. It straps around the seat, and has a clip for the shoulderbelt, similar to the adjuster on a backless booster. I wish I could remember what it was called.

tjham

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=113703

Here it is. I have several and they work great! I had to order mine from England.

http://iwantitmum.com/accessories/car-seat-covers/autosafe-seat-belt-height-adjuster-590

[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Autosafe-Seat-Belt-Height-Adjuster/dp/B001B9CQQA"]Autosafe Seat Belt Height Adjuster: Amazon.co.uk: Baby[/ame]

They are way overpriced, but they are the only thing available that actually does what they do, as far as I know. Email the places to see how much in dollars and for shipping. ! really don't understand why they haven't marketed them to the United States.

How it was developed.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mG7zkom5-c8"]AUTOSAFE Seat Belt Ajuster - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

1mommy

I bought something similar at autozone- it permanently clips onto the lap belt around where the shoulder and lap part meet at my right hip, then you can clip the shoulder strap onto it to make it further away from your neck. I think it was like $10 for 2... I don't have the packaging anymore but I just went into the store and explained my problem and the sales guy handed the package to me.

featherhead

I bought something similar at autozone- it permanently clips onto the lap belt around where the shoulder and lap part meet at my right hip, then you can clip the shoulder strap onto it to make it further away from your neck. I think it was like $10 for 2... I don't have the packaging anymore but I just went into the store and explained my problem and the sales guy handed the package to me.

Can you post a picture? Most things that clip onto the lap belt are not great, because it can end up pulling up on the lap belt. It could be that for an adult it's not a big deal (maybe it is), but for kids for sure it can be bad.

1mommy

Thanks Tjham, I had briefly wondered about if it was safe or not but I recall the packaging said it had been crash tested. I just checked it out in my car and my lap belt seems to stay pretty low and was below my hips- is that what you mean by danger zone?

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
As long as the lap belt fits, you could always just get a soft wrap for the shoulder belt. It's not a safety hazard for it to touch your neck, just uncomfortable.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
Here it is. I have several and they work great! I had to order mine from England.

I'm plenty tall enough, but my chest doesn't like to play nice with the shoulder belt. I end up with it sliding up over my boob and into my armpit instead of staying between them. It's even worse with a sports bra on. I don't suppose this thing will stop that?

NannyMom

I'm plenty tall enough, but my chest doesn't like to play nice with the shoulder belt. I end up with it sliding up over my boob and into my armpit instead of staying between them. It's even worse with a sports bra on. I don't suppose this thing will stop that?

I plan to buy some for this reason! The seatbelt in DH's car (and my 2nd row) ends up going from my arm pit on 1 side and rubbing on my neck on the other.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC