Whats are you top fav seats?

Jocey'sMommy

What is everyone's favorite seats right now for the following groups:

Infant Bucket seat?

Rear-facing convertible?

Combination?

Booster?

Think ideal best practice and name a couple of each . . . i feel out of the loop recently with all the new improved seats out there. Differing price ranges would be great too.

ADS

tiggercat

Infant Bucket seat?

Rear-facing convertible?

Combination?

Booster?

Think ideal best practice and name a couple of each . . . i feel out of the loop recently with all the new improved seats out there. Differing price ranges would be great too.

Canadian avail only, what would I buy?

RF bucket: SnugRide 35, Chicco Keyfit
RF convertible: RXT, Foonf, MyRide
Combination: FRct (90?), GN
Booster: PWSGL, HBTB

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

MommyShannon

http://carseatblog.com/carseatblogcoms-recommended-car-seats/
That list was compiled similarly.
For me,
Infant - I liked our Keyfit 30 but I'm a bit out of the loop on infant seats too.
Convertible - I love our TFP and Britax convertibles. My girls are small enough that these seats work great for them.
Combo - Frontier 85. I'm sure I'd add the new seats too but haven't tried them.
Boosters - I'm not in love with any of our hbb seats right now (Parkway SG/SGL, Vivo, and previously Turbo) My DD has an Olli she loves and I like. I'd love to try an Oobr but that just isn't happening.

glockchick

Based on what I've used....

Infant Bucket seat - Chicco 30

Rear-facing convertible - Britax Boulevard

Combination - Britax Frontier

Booster - Kiddy Cruiserfix and Britax Parkway

Do we see a theme here? I've tried bunches and bunches of seats and always wind up back at Britax. :)

Phineasmama

Fave infant seat will always be the Aton :) No more babies for us though!

Rear facing convertible...Diono. DD2 is riding in an RXT right now. I think the Radian will always be my fave for rear facing.

Combo seat is currently the Frontier 90. I do not like how the head rest rattles when I'm driving around without the kids, but the install is awesome!!

Booster- Kiddy Cruiserfix Pro. DD1 loves the adjustable leg support :)

nannykates

Infant- click connect infant seats, keyfit, aton
Convertible-nextfit, britax roundabout classic, sureride, mysize and clones
Combo- securekid, britax frontier (85/90/pinn)
Booster- harmony folding travel booster, connext, high back turbo

(This is just from limited in store and at check event experience for the most part)

gsdguenter

Bucket: Graco

Convertible: marathon, Radian, foonf, myride

Combination: nauti, fr85, prosport

Booster: oobr, Monterey (old style one), Olli/Ozzi

StillThankful

Infant Bucket seat?

I used the Snugride 22 for DD2 and it worked fine for me.

Rear-facing convertible?

Graco Myride 65 for rearfacing

Combination?

Britax Frontier 85, Graco Nautilus

Only dedicated boosters I have are the Big Kid and Compass B540. Of the two, I prefer the Compass booster.

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Infant: Cybex Aton 2
Rearfacing convertible: Diono Radian RXT
Combination: Graco Nautilus
Booster: Recaro ProBooster

cookie123

I was just thinking about what seats the more experienced folks would recommend these days. Dd was just asking about a convertible for a friend.

Carry on!

yetanotherjen

CPST Instructor

Infant Bucket seat? Higher end: Cybex Aton 2 and Chicco Keyfit 30 Lower end: Evenflo Embrace 35

Rear-facing convertible? Higher end: Chicco Nextfit Lower End: *Britax Roundabout 50 and Evenflo Sureride

Combination? Higher End: Britax Frontier (85/90 ect) and Recaro Prosport Lower end: Evenflo Securekid

Booster? I keep trying other seats and I always end up back at the Monterey (but I have an SK with the good belt guides, and a new Diono with grey belt guides that work for us) I do really want to try the Cruiserfix Pro... For the mid to lower end: Graco Turbobooster and Graco Turbobooster Safety Surround.

*The Britax Roundabout 50 is my favorite seat ever!

SavsMom

Infant Seat: Chicco KeyFit30 or Gracos SnugRide35

Convertible: Evenflo SureRide (budget) or Radian RXT (high end)

Combo: Evenflo SecureKid (budget) or Britax Frontier (high end)

Booster: Recaro ProBooster .... looking at others too as this is an area we are just moving into.

rosey2007

Infant bucket: graco snugride 35

Convertibles:True Fit Premier, Evenflo Tribute, Evenflo Triumph

Boosters: Graco Turbo Booster, Graco Nautilus

momtoo3

Infant: Keyfit 30, SR35, Aton

Convertible: MA70, TFP, Triumph, Symphony

Combination: FR85 (haven't tried the FR90,) ProSport, GN/Argos

Booster: CruiserFix Pro, Vivo, Monterey

alake

Infant carrier: We are using a Chaperone and a Aton 2 right now. I am enjoying both equally.
Convertible: Foonf, and RXT. I will never need the weight limit on the Foonf, but it was a gift from DH for Logan. Summer would be two inches to tall, but still under the weight limit at nearly 7 and a half.
Combination: Frontier 85.
Booster: We only use them when we travel. When Summer wants to be boostered full time, I will invest in something a little fancier (maybe). Summer and Leah both have Graco HBB that they use in other peoples cars and traveling if needed.

Keeks64

My current favs & what I use currently :

Rear Facing - Snugride35

Infant/child- Marathon - MyRide but only for RF

Child/booster - Frontier

Booster - I don't have booster ready kids but love my lite riders for booster kids in my car & the safety surround turbo is one I'm planning to pick up

tam_shops

Infant any of the Graco Buckets

Infant/Child Diono Radian

Child/Booster Britax Frontier (that'll probably change when I finally get to see the replacement ones!)

tam

lanwenyi

Infant-None- I HATE buckets

Convertibles - everyday use - TFP
Convertibles- lightweight/travel - avenue

Combination - no opinion - I have only used a maestro. I liked it fine, but not enough to label it a fave. I would buy it if i needed a lightweight or travel seat though. I would prob get something else for everyday.

Booster- Vivo (perfect booster for my kids, but I might rec others based on other kids' body types).

on my phone, please forgive my autocorrect

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC