3 across in 98 Toyota Camry

U

Unregistered

We are expecting our third baby G-d willing in July and need to fit 3 car seats/boosters across.
Child 1- 3.5 yr, 40 lb
Child 2- almost 2, about 30 lb

Anyone have this setup? We don't want to have to buy 3 new car seats if possible...
We have a graco snug ride- the one that has 24 lb weight limit. 16.5 inches across (widest part of bottom of car seat)
And a sit n stroll car seat (for child 2). It's 17 inches across.
And a graco nautilus (for Child 1) which is 20 inches across.

Any suggestions?

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I think it unlikely.

Are your two year old's shoulders over the top slots of the Sit N Stroll, or are the ears over the top of the shell? That seat is notorious for being outgrown unbelievably early.

The Snugride has many variations, but none have a 24 pound limit. There's a 22, though.

The Nautilus is not three across friendly, but it's possible to make it work.

I was just looking at three acrosses for the Corolla, which is slightly smaller, and I saw a Nautilus, Radian, and Combi Coccoro. It's possible the Nautilus you have, a Radian you buy, and the infant seat you have (potentially baseless) will work in your car. But I think your two year old is going to need a new seat ASAP unless they're very very tiny in the torso.

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC