Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PikkuMyy View Post
    I'm practicing self control. My 6 year old does not need another car seat! His FR85 is just fine. *sigh*

I can come up with a million reasons I "need" a Pinnacle though, starting with my car being old (1998) and lacking side air bags.
    Ugh me too. Dd will be 6 in september and one our fr85 isnt even a year old..i would love the zebra to match dd's blvd..

Sent from my DROIDX using Car-Seat.Org
    Rayleigh - 9/07 - Frontier 85

Reese - 7/12 - RF Britax Boulevard

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Fanatic

Re: Frontier 90... $210 preorder!

So tempting! But I haven't order somewhere I can't return and what if it doesn't work in my car?

Anyone know if it works in Foresters?

Also, any idea of ship date? Can I cancel if I change my mind when it hasn't shipped yet?

I might do it. I shouldn't, but I might.

I wonder if they will honor the price...

CPS Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Phineasmama View Post
    I wonder if they will honor the price...
    If they didn't, would they just cancel it? I'm okay with that, but not okay with them charging me more without asking.

They are showing OOS for me?
    Heather, proud mommy to:
    Dustin 12y & 105 lbs 5-stepped/Seatbelt only
    Colton 6y & 43lb FF RXT/Pinnacle/FR90
    Peyton 5y & 38lb FF in Sureride/FR90/FR85

CPS Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by hrice View Post
    out of stock? Which one? I have cactus flower in my cart right now and it says preorder. I can't decide whether to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Athena View Post
    out of stock? Which one? I have cactus flower in my cart right now and it says preorder. I can't decide whether to do it.
    That's where I'm at too. I have a Pinnacle in my cart but haven't made a commitment yet. lol

Katri »» Mom, Infant Teacher and CPST
    Elias »» 6.5 years old, harness in my car, booster in his father's car

I couldn't resist that price! Ordered a Zebra. Hoping I can sell my F85 now!!!!

The price is tempting, I have to keep telling myself to just say no, just stay no, because I need to save money for a second prosport so the twins can have matching seats.

k2daho

OMG I am so mad that I just paid $560 for the two seats from Amazon when I could have saved $140! I'm tempted to box them back up and send them back to Amazon, but my kids are SO in love with their new seats and would be so devastated to go back to their Advocates while we waited for the Albeebaby delivery which is who knows when. Bummer!

CPS Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by k2daho View Post
    OMG I am so mad that I just paid $560 for the two seats from Amazon when I could have saved $140! I'm tempted to box them back up and send them back to Amazon, but my kids are SO in love with their new seats and would be so devastated to go back to their Advocates while we waited for the Albeebaby delivery which is who knows when. Bummer!
    Think of all the stuff you could buy with that money!

Senior Community Member tracee877's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hrice View Post
    Are you on the mobile site? It shows oos for me on the mobile site.
    Tracee - driving a 2013 Honda Crosstour & Mom to:
    Braydon 19 - driving his own car and now in the Army!
    Ashlee 17 - driving her own car
    Keegan 10 - still in his backless Affix

CPS Fanatic

I did it! You'll tell my DH how controlled I was to only order one, right? (I really want two. ) I really hope they ship soon ... or if not that they let me cancel if I come to my senses (or find a better price) ... or if I have to wait a while for it, that it ships late to be on the next credit card cycle.

I hope it works in our car! But at this price, I could totally resell it at what I paid, right? I hope so because ordering from somewhere without free returns is causing me some stress, but it's so much less.

I remembered to use the car-seat.org shopping link!

15. Thank You from:

CPS Fanatic

I don't suppose BRU has them in store yet? I'd feel a lot better knowing it works in my car.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryssy Jane View Post
    I just ordered 2... 15off worked for both (they were each on a different card). Selling my fr85 today and my peg convertible today for a total of more than buying the two 90s. WOOT
    Do you mind my asking how much you got for the FR85? Still trying to figure out how much to charge for mine.

Quote Originally Posted by bella_1818 View Post
    Code works on the Pinnacle too. Brings price down to $235.
    Tempting! For only $25 more ... wish I knew if this works/fits in my car.

CPS Technician

Quote Originally Posted by MyMunchkins View Post
    LOL, I feel you...I'm on my third order with Albee Baby for the same seat. I cancelled my original order with 15% off that brought it to $280.49 to place another order but with the 20% off that brought it to $263.99 and was about to cancel that order to buy from Amazon instead and eat the difference to get it faster but then saw the Albee's new sale today with 15% so I can't pass up savings of $95.36 even if it means waiting a little longer. So today Albee got my 2nd cancellation and third order. $210.37 is much cheaper than some Frontier 85's are still selling for. Hopefully that's it for me. My hubby just shakes his head but likes the idea of saving money so it works. If he was in charge of this, he would have paid $329.99.
    Ha, ha, when DH saw the box in the garage yesterday he said, "just keep it!". When I told him it would save us $97 to return it and wait a couple weeks he still said, "just keep it!". Lol, I love him for that, but it makes me sick to think of just throwing away a hundred dollars.
    DS1 (April '09) Britax Parkway SGL & Clek Olli, DD (March '12) Britax Frontier 90 & Evenflo Maestro, DS2 (April '15) RF Nuna Rava & RF Clek Foonf
    2011 Honda Pilot
    2009 Honda Ridgeline

CPS Technician

Do you mind my asking how much you got for the FR85? Still trying to figure out how much to charge for mine.
    I bought a FR85 in January for $205 from Albee and when I heard about the 90s coming 3 weeks after we got it, I was able to sell it on Craigslist for $195 within a week. The DOM was Jan 7, 2013 so it was still literally only weeks old.
    DS1 (April '09) Britax Parkway SGL & Clek Olli, DD (March '12) Britax Frontier 90 & Evenflo Maestro, DS2 (April '15) RF Nuna Rava & RF Clek Foonf
    2011 Honda Pilot
    2009 Honda Ridgeline

Nevermind. I figured it out.
    Heather, proud mommy to:

Quote Originally Posted by tracee877 View Post

Are you on the mobile site? It shows oos for me on the mobile site.
    Yes. You have to search for Frontier 90 and then click "preorder" instead of going to the individual product page.
    Heather, proud mommy to:

CPS Technician

Oops accidental double post.
    2011 Honda Pilot
    2009 Honda Ridgeline

CPS Technician crunchierthanthou's Avatar

I don't suppose BRU has them in store yet? I'd feel a lot better knowing it works in my car.

Tempting! For only $25 more ... wish I knew if this works/fits in my car.
    What do you drive? Can you fit a regular Frontier in it? I'm optimistically expecting very few incompatibilities.

23. Thank You from: