Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: NBD May 2013

CPS Technician crunchierthanthou's Avatar

Re: NBD May 2013

Quote Originally Posted by mommy2elliebean13 View Post
    Does anyone have the Coccoro in key lime? I have the chestnut one in my cart but really would prefer the key lime if they aren't getting it. So need one of these!

How long before they empty your cart on here?
    I do! but my cart just did that disappearing thing. Give it 10-12 minutes.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Got my Volo stroller. Asked about dropping the price and they did for me. Hope it is in good shape.

So how do you actually snag these great deals? I just found out about NBD through this forum and I'm addicted! I got an Inglesina travel table chair and I love it, but I really want to get a Radian XRT for my DH's car (we ordered one from Diapers.com and got a decent deal but I know I can do better!) I am stalking the site all day and I don't know how they keep getting snagged up by other people! And they'll say "Only 1 left" for a while but won't let you add to cart...frustrating! I'm also in the market for a couple cheap(ish) seats for the grandparents, and baby gates, a Radio Flyer trike, etc. I could definitely use some advice!

Quote Originally Posted by crunchierthanthou View Post
    I do! but my cart just did that disappearing thing. Give it 10-12 minutes.
    Thanks so much! I got it but then went to pay and realized DH had our only credit card at work with him

It is still floating around though so hopefully I can grab it when he gets home unless it is snatched up before then.

Quote Originally Posted by Emily928 View Post
    So how do you actually snag these great deals? I just found out about NBD through this forum and I'm addicted! I got an Inglesina travel table chair and I love it, but I really want to get a Radian XRT for my DH's car (we ordered one from Diapers.com and got a decent deal but I know I can do better!) I am stalking the site all day and I don't know how they keep getting snagged up by other people! And they'll say "Only 1 left" for a while but won't let you add to cart...frustrating! I'm also in the market for a couple cheap(ish) seats for the grandparents, and baby gates, a Radio Flyer trike, etc. I could definitely use some advice!
    Basically, to get popular things like Radians, you hit refresh a bunch and hope you get lucky with your timing. If there is one that says "currently unavailable," go to the page for that item and refresh that page (instead of the search), so that if someone drops it from their cart you have one less step to get it in yours.

Quote Originally Posted by mommy2elliebean13 View Post

Thanks so much! I got it but then went to pay and realized DH had our only credit card at work with him

It is still floating around though so hopefully I can grab it when he gets home unless it is snatched up before then.
    Please get it.. my 97% child does NOT need it... i keep adding it, but gave it up about 1.5 hrs ago

Sent from my DROIDX using Car-Seat.Org
    Rayleigh - 9/07 - Frontier 85

Reese - 7/12 - RF Britax Boulevard

Quote Originally Posted by wnoelw View Post
    Please get it.. my 97% child does NOT need it... i keep adding it, but gave it up about 1.5 hrs ago

I was wondering if you saw this! If it helps, my off the charts 22 month old who is all torso still fits RF in the CCO... Barely but she does! Probably doesn't help at all, does it?

Sara
    DS1 - 08/04/06, DD1 - 08/11/09, DD2 - 07/15/11, DS2 07/03/13

Ah, I didn't think about refreshing the item page instead of the main page. I have seen them right after they've popped up and still not gotten them. It makes me think people have some sort of automated system to get them (like people that snipe e-bay auctions...) Do you know what it means when it shows 1 available but then doesn't let you put it in the cart? Does that mean it was just taken but they haven't updated the item to show unavailable?

Also, is there any sort of pattern to what time they post new things? It seems like a lot tends to show up in the 11 am to 2 pm range but I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by JCsMomma View Post

I was wondering if you saw this! If it helps, my off the charts 22 month old who is all torso still fits RF in the CCO... Barely but she does! Probably doesn't help at all, does it?
    Um no.. i had almost got dh onboard when i said it was green like palm trees (he grows/loves them- greenhouse and yard full)..i have a perfectly good g3 blvd..

Someone stop me I am addicted! lol. I was able to snag another recaro prosport today! I wish it wasn't blaze but oh well. Can't wait until it gets here so I can install them both for my twins without having to hear fighting over who gets to sit in the new seat! I've had one sitting in my bedroom for about a week now just waiting! Now someone snag all the good stuff before I'm tempted to buy anything else! My husband is already going to flip when he see's everyone but baby got a new seat that wasn't truly needed!

Is there a current discount code? Maybe free shipping?
    Mama to Sofi: 7.1 yrs, 46Lbs (47"), Boostered in a Turbo, Vivo, Monterey, Cybex; harnessed in Nautilus
    Nanny to BabyD, 21 months in a RXT, Classic Marathon, Boulevard 70

CPS Technician crunchierthanthou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NannyMom View Post
    Is there a current discount code? Maybe free shipping?
    No, 50% off watches and jewelry. Which, I guess is nice if you're in the market for watches or jewelry...

Does anyone use this site with Firefox? I happened to check it with Internet Explorer and realized that Firefox doesn't display the drop-down menu where you choose the condition before putting something in your cart, which is why it keeps giving me the "incomplete or unavailable" error. And here I thought I was just getting beat out on everything I wanted! But when I got that error on things that have been on the site for days, it made me wonder....

Does anyone use this site with Firefox? I happened to check it with Internet Explorer and realized that Firefox doesn't display the drop-down menu where you choose the condition before putting something in your cart, which is why it keeps giving me the "incomplete or unavailable" error. And here I thought I was just getting beat out on everything I wanted! But when I got that error on things that have been on the site for days, it made me wonder....
    I only use firefox and have never had that issue

Crystal: CPST, DCP and BFF to:
    Hania: 3 months, rf in a nuna pipa
    Piper: 2 years, 26lbs rf in a monkey clek fllo
    Isabella: 4.5 years, 32lbs rf in a clek foonf
    Rocking out in a 2015 Subaru WRX and a 2006 Toyota Sienna

Anyone holding onto the Cruiserfix and not want it??

ETA: Got it! Whoo hoo! I've been wanting to try this seat forever but couldn't make myself spend the $220 for it. I'm so excited!!!
    Shanna - Paramedic & Mom
    Trenton (19), Michael (17), Gabriel (15), Miss Abigail (12), Kaleigh (10), and Caleb (8) - Evenflo booster

They just don't make em like they used to.

I have occasionally had some/different issues.. chrome os worse. I have had the beat luck with IE..

Rookie mistake - my browser was out of date! (Although I wish they'd suggested that when I contacted customer service!)

Uuuugh I'm so pissed because they have a grill that I would totally buy but it's in Tennessee and they won't ship it

CPS Technician

Britax Boulevard 70-G3, Open Box, for $163.99 if anyone is looking

Lauren, CPST since '08 and Mommy to:
    B (9) Boostered in a Chicco Kidfit and Clek Oobr
    B (2) RF in a Britax Boulevard CT and Chicco Nextfit

I usually use firefox, but I switch to Internet explorer if it starts giving me problems.
    Mom to Tay, June 2011 RF in a Foonf or Peg Perego Convertible
    Baby J riding in an Aton 2 or Cocorro