Anyone found a 2013 Britax Chaperone?

panta

I'd like to get a Britax chaperone car seat for my soon-to-be newborn that was manufactured after Jan 1, 2013, since Britax discontinued the use of carcinogenic flame retardants in their car seats after that date. I've called around a lot and none of the stores have 2013 seats in stock currently, though Britax says they have shipped out already. Has anyone found a 2013-manufactured chaperone?

ADS

panta

No luck with either. Babies R Us only sells them online and they can't guarantee a manufacturing date. I called about 8 nearby Buy buy baby stores and they don't have 2013s on stock. Any other thoughts?

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Amazon usually has quite recent stock on car seats as they have very high turnover, and has a good return policy if you get an older one and want to switch- just make sure you're looking for a currently-manufactured seat cover. (I don't know if they've discontinued any yet, but in case.) I have never had a seat arrive older than 3 months from Amazon, and the Britax seats I've had/friends have had come from Amazon have all been less than a month old.

MotoMommaNH

Amazon usually has quite recent stock on car seats as they have very high turnover, and has a good return policy if you get an older one and want to switch- just make sure you're looking for a currently-manufactured seat cover. (I don't know if they've discontinued any yet, but in case.) I have never had a seat arrive older than 3 months from Amazon, and the Britax seats I've had/friends have had come from Amazon have all been less than a month old.

:yeahthatlove: I recently purchased a Frontier that was manufactured 3 days before I bought it!

Lilybug1

I would say not Wayfair. I recently got a Chaperone from them (January 2013) and it had a May 2012 manufacture date. I got a great deal so I really didn't bother to complain about DOM.

siobat

I just purchased our Chaperone off of Amazon.ca. It arrived on Wednesday. Date of manufacture was May 7 2012.

I got a bit of a deal on the seat, but I contacted customer service, and they are going to send us out a replacement seat with a more current DOM at no additional cost.

sarahcanuck

That's great customer service, siobat!

Our advocate just arrived yesterday from Amazon with a November 2012 manufacture date. Baby is due in July, so not sure yet if we will ask for a newer model.

Did they use the same toxic spray on all the seats, or is this specific to chaperone?

siobat

Just thought I'd update:

Received the replacement seat today from Amazon.ca. Old seat had a DOM of May 7 2012. Replacement seat has a DOM of July 23 2012.

It's a bit better, but not much, and I'm honestly pretty frustrated at this point.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
You're in Canada?

That makes a big difference. They don't have as high turnover. I don't know who does, in Canada. It's a way smaller market.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Last year old stock had just been cleared out because of the new 2012 regulations in Canada... This year, seats from last year can still be legally sold.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC