Love the SureRide!

firemomof3

So I returned the Defender as fast I could and went and got a SureRide. I got it home and wow, I have to say its one of my favorites! Its lightweight, very easy to use (including changing harness height & crotch position), install was one of the quickest & easiest ever :love:, crotch strap is a decent length, harness length might become an issue with a husky child and it puzzles well with the Radian. With 19" top harness slots & a 65lb. harness rating AND being $100...I don't see it can be beat! I'm just so impressed with this seat.
f545afb4-5ff5-4280-a594-723fabe86b49_zps2cad99e9.jpg

658cb3f9-581f-4bb7-ade1-7eb1a2b0b72d_zps0d6f1a12.jpg

IMG_1524_zps5fe4d303.jpg

IMG_1523_zpse34cfe0f.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

firemomof3

More pics, I had the crotch strap on the outer setting & the harness straps were at the 2nd to top slots:
Here is dd2, her stats are in my siggy. She loves to still be harnessed and has lots of growing room. She found the seat comfortable and I love the high sides :love:
IMG_1525_zps57b0d74c.jpg

IMG_1526_zps7e80a1dd.jpg

IMG_1527_zps2c5cfcc0.jpg

Here is ds, he also found the seat comfortable and the crotch strap didn't "crunch" anything
IMG_1528_zps5ce66517.jpg

IMG_1529_zps3cacbe13.jpg

IMG_1530_zps35c6591a.jpg

Brianna

Is there any way you can put the harness on the top slots and see how much tail is left for your them?

gsdguenter

Why did you return the defender? I've been thinking about the sure ride, defender, or secure kid.

I'm looking for another seat to harness DD1. We have a FR85 and Nauti. I could ff her in my spare RN, but I'd rather not. I have no reason lol, just want a new seat :p

ETA: I just saw your defender thread. It sounds horrid!

Brianna

Thanks! I doubt that would last another 13 pounds, assuming his siggy weight is correct.

I think this will replace my MyRide as a spare when it's outgrown :)

mominabigtruck

The sureride is way nicer than the defender. Ds3 is in one right now and other than the buckle I love it. For $100, a seat that is easy to use and installs easily and bought at target. Plus, it will fit your average infant to 5yo!!

whiteyacht

Is the buckle difficult? I think this is going to be the baby's seat when he outgrows his bucket.

Sent from my phone. Please excuse typos.

Shaunam

I'm curious if they actually lengthened the harness from the display they had in stores last summer. They said they did, but that still seems short. Your kids are fairly slim and have like barely any harness left! When I tried Adrian in the display over the summer he didn't come close to fitting in the harness, even though he was 7 lbs under the weight limit and like an inch under the top slots.

mominabigtruck

Is the buckle difficult? I think this is going to be the baby's seat when he outgrows his bucket.

Sent from my phone. Please excuse typos.

It's just the cheapy buckle that graco and evenflo are using now. I much prefer IMMI buckles but I suppose you can't have everything for $100.

jjordan

I'm curious if they actually lengthened the harness from the display they had in stores last summer. They said they did, but that still seems short. Your kids are fairly slim and have like barely any harness left! When I tried Adrian in the display over the summer he didn't come close to fitting in the harness, even though he was 7 lbs under the weight limit and like an inch under the top slots.

I think someone here said that Evenflo said they made the harness 3" longer.

ETA: Yup, NannyMom said she asked on Evenflo's facebook and that's what they reported, the harness is 3" longer than what was on the first prototypes.

Kamy04

Hmmmm...this may be a viable contender for a new seat for grandmas car!

I wonder if my DS would fit decently RF still? Is it allowed to be installed at a more upright angle? Does it need noodles? Anyone used it RF? DS is 32lbs ish and 36.5" ish.

kelkel2090

CPST Instructor
Hmmmm...this may be a viable contender for a new seat for grandmas car!

I wonder if my DS would fit decently RF still? Is it allowed to be installed at a more upright angle? Does it need noodles? Anyone used it RF? DS is 32lbs ish and 36.5" ish.

Here is my 33ish lb, 38 inch son. His boots make it look there is less leg room then there is. Without them, he can comfortably sit cross cross.

image-2759077523.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC