Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Disney in May, do I need a double?

We will be in Disney for 4 days in May. Dd will be 6 and weighs 55 pounds, Ds2 will be turning 2 while we are there. Dd has over pronation and her legs and feet tire easily. She has done all day at Six Flags but not multiple days in a row. I have a sit and stand but I'm afraid Ds2 wont be comfortable in it all day long. I was thinking maybe rent a City Elite double...idk. What should I do?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

Re: Disney in May, do I need a double?

I definitely would want a double. Even bigger kids with no issues tend to want a break now and then when doing several days at a theme park, and you can carry stuff in it the rest of the time.
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 15, Bridget, 13, Maggie, 11, Katie Sue, 6, Jimmy, born May 2019,
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

Carseat Crazy

you need a double. I would do a true double, that way the kids can rest comfortably. I brought my own because it was nice to have in the airport (if you're flying) but some people don't want to risk damaging their own stroller on the plane. You could also watch craigslist for a used double, then sell it after your trip. At 55lbs and 2 years you could do a double maclaren, or a double jogger, its all personal preference, but the jogger will be easier to push over some of the textured walkways at Disney, especially fully loaded

YES! If you're paying all that money for a Disney vacation, you need to spend that extra $ so you can enjoy it without a 6yo on your back!! My 5yo rode on the buggy board most of the time, but when we were there late she got in the stroller too (and I put 1yo on my back -- she was barely 20lbs so no big deal).
    17yrs, 15yrs, 13yrs, 11yrs , 9yrs (58", 75lbs, Incognito), 7yrs (46", 50lbs, Dreamtime), 5yrs (41", 35lbs, RN), 3yrs (30lbs, RF Marathon), NB (Peg 4-35)
    '14 Mazda5, '06 Chevy Express, '08 Toyota Tundra

If you are talking about DisneyWorld in FL, I recommend Kingdom Strollers. It was super easy and decently priced. They deliver to your hotel or resort, have parent cupholders, rain covers, and cooler bags all included with the rental. We used them for a BJCE double for our then 4 year old twins and I was quite impressed with how clean they keep their stuff. Have a great trip!
    Mommy of Jacob 5 yrs, 47 in, 42 lbs and Layla 5 yrs, 45 in, 43 lbs currently in Frontier 85s in our '07 Hyundai Santa Fe and in RSTVs for vacation and grandparents cars.

Carseat Crazy

Thanks!! I think we will definately rent a BJCE, it seems to have the most room and Dd is big. I think the sit and stand would turn into a nightmare. We do have a Volo for Dd but when she is not in it I dont want to have to worry about dragging 2 strollers around. We will be driving down (I dont fly)