All terrain stroller with reversible seat?

romanoma

All the sunshine around here has me wanting a new stroller. I want all terrain wheels ( prefer air filled), easiest push ever, easy to fold ( one step only is ideal), reversible seat is a major bonus, and tall seat back so it could work for one of my big kids if needed. Does this exist? Please suggest some for me to look at ladies! Thanks!

Last edited:
ADS

MommyShannon

What will you use it for? I have the InStep Safari swivel double and its great for all-terrain. Its easy to push, but HEAVY to load. It is pretty tall and has a great sunshade since it pivots to anywhere including straight in front. It doesn't have shocks which would be nice and the double is too big for me to want as a daily everywhere stroller. Ours is for trails (mostly gravel and dirt) and going to the bigger kids sports so we can cart lots of stuff and have some shade and room to sit the littles.

romanoma

Re: More stroller shopping help

Thanks! I'm looking for a single. And I really find that a suspension makes a big difference in push.

Is there anything like this with a reversible seat?

I'll be using it for walks on very uneven pavement, grass, mulch.

romanoma

Yeah I love BJers. The elite is top on my list currently. I have a bjced and loved it to pieces. but really wondering if I can find all that plus a reversible seat. If that doesn't exist, bjce it is!

cupcakepirate11

I love my bob, its on the heavier side but the wheels easily pop off and make it fit in my corolla quite easily.

Unfortunately most joggers don't have a reversible seat

romanoma

I don't need or want a true jogger. I don't run unless I'm being chased. Just an all terrain with air tires. A true jogger would be too bulky for me.

D&L's-mommy

what's your budget? a bugaboo chameleon is all terrain and has reversible seats,but only a 33lb weight limit. you could look for a used one if the price tag is a turn off. there's not really much available with a reversible seat. Some all terrain strollers have available bassinets, but that's not long term. I think BJ elite is probably your best bet, easy push, huge seat, one hand fold, air tires

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member

Mountain Buggy now sells a reversible seat separately but it's not as tall or rated for as much as the regular seat. The push is divine on their strollers.

Kaylee31

The Mountain buggy face to face seat is tiny. I bought it when it first came out for my then 6 month old, who is in the 10% for height, and she was really uncomfortable in it. Big disappointment. I have a Cameleon but don't love it. The fold is a pain and the small front wheels still get stuck on very uneven sidewalks. I would check out the Mutsy 4 rider, I think it's the closest to meeting your criteria. If the Baby Jogger Versa GT was available now, now I think it would be perfect, but I don't think it will be released until later thus year.

MommyShannon

I know the Safari (there is a single) doesn't have the suspension you want but I would definitely look for a stroller with a similar sun shade. A lot are attached to the handle and only cover to a certain point. I often have it all the way in front if running early morning or in the evening. Its a feature I'm very spoiled by and would hate to give up.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Ya I'd say the Mutsy 4 Rider. It's not a one step fold, but not difficult. It's heavy, but you can pop the seat off first to put it on vehicle of you like.

I've got one if you have questions. I'm actually selling mine because I own too many strollers. :p

Here are pics if you want to get an idea of what it's like https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0w45wnu667x6y9z/qZkprRMBNy

The pics with the seat have the light wheels, but you can see the single spike air tires in the pics with the fun seat.

Last edited:

D&L's-mommy

The Mountain buggy face to face seat is tiny. I bought it when it first came out for my then 6 month old, who is in the 10% for height, and she was really uncomfortable in it. Big disappointment. I have a Cameleon but don't love it. The fold is a pain and the small front wheels still get stuck on very uneven sidewalks. I would check out the Mutsy 4 rider, I think it's the closest to meeting your criteria. If the Baby Jogger Versa GT was available now, now I think it would be perfect, but I don't think it will be released until later thus year.

I was going to suggest the BJ versa GT also, but didn't think it was available yet. I saw on comfort1st.com they have it for $450, doesn't say it's a pre-order :confused: http://comfortfirst.com/p-151200-ba...troller.aspx?gclid=COr70-fwprUCFQSqnQodVmgAsQ

bambibaby.com has it too for $580 http://www.bambibaby.com/baby-jogge...m_medium=cse&gclid=CK_aj5zxprUCFQf0nAodB0cAkA

I never shopped with either of these sites, but I wonder why they would have it but no one else does

D&L's-mommy

I know the Safari (there is a single) doesn't have the suspension you want but I would definitely look for a stroller with a similar sun shade. A lot are attached to the handle and only cover to a certain point. I often have it all the way in front if running early morning or in the evening. Its a feature I'm very spoiled by and would hate to give up.

I really loved my safari too, I owned a double and a single, they were great. I thought I was done with strollers so I sold them, I just won a j is for jeep jogging stroller (to push my niece) and it's a great stroller, but I wouldn't pay $350 for it (not when you can get a BOB, BJCE, or safari for less)

romanoma

Great input ladies, thanks! I think the MB seat is a great idea but way too small. Looks less useful than a carseat adapter. Perhaps it's meant for urban families who don't have a carseat?

Techno thanks for the link! What don't you like about the 4rider? How is the push? Is the seat roomy? I think I just missed one on my CL LOL.

That versa gt looks great! I wonder if I could put my 12" bjced tires on the back? :whistle: Then it really would be perfect! Do you think that would work/be safe?

D&L's-mommy

That versa gt looks great! I wonder if I could put my 12" bjced tires on the back? :whistle: Then it really would be perfect! Do you think that would work/be safe?

I read on the micro thread that the way the GT wheels mount onto the stroller are different than BJs other strollers. I think the point is that they don't want you to be able to switch them, they want you to have to buy a versa and an elite ;)

romanoma

Thanks for that. Well then I wonder if I get the regular versa if I can interchange the plastic tires for the air tires? That really would be a perfect stroller to me.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC