Question Opinions on Peg Perego convertible seat?

Chloesmom

Just what the subject says:). Is it a huge deal that is doesn't have anti rebound anything? I know there is a new model coming out in the spring with anti rebound, but there's no way I can wait that long. I tried this seat in my car last night and it appears that I can get a center install with the seatbelt and still have plenty of room for the front seats to come back. Input please:)

ADS

jenfrogmom

Rumor has it that they are going to allow three user of the tether for rf. I love love my Peg convertible so much!

Phineasmama

Absolutely love mine :)

And yeah they are going to add something for RF tethering later this spring, even for the current models. Not sure if it's just going to be a D-Ring to tether like Britax or what...

But I do think it's awesome that they're bringing the ARB option to the US!

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Well mine has ARB, but yes, love it. Easiest to adjust harness I've ever used. Drawback is the latch straps are the hardest to tighten that I've ever used. Thankful I don't need to do that everyday!

jordansmom

Well mine has ARB, but yes, love it. Easiest to adjust harness I've ever used. Drawback is the latch straps are the hardest to tighten that I've ever used. Thankful I don't need to do that everyday!

:yeahthatlove:

And everything else that was said!

ETA: Where is the information on changes to rear facing tethering?! I've missed this news! Someone point me in the right direction!

Phineasmama

Someone asked the question in the recent "posts by others" on the Peg USA facebook page, and one of their reps confirmed that ARB will indeed be coming to the US in the spring, but no exact date as of now, and that there will be an option for current seats without the ARB to rear face tether and they will send out an extra piece to anyone who asks for it. But I think that is still in the works, maybe they will make an official announcement later this spring.

MommyShannon

Rumor has it that they are going to allow three user of the tether for rf. I love love my Peg convertible so much!

Ugh, I really want one! This isn't helping! Does it provide any more height for rf than a Britax? It doesn't look like it from the numbers. :(

thtr4me

Oh, I wish they were offering the RFing tether when my old Britax broke. I would have loved to order a Peg and one would have fit well in DH's car.

jenfrogmom

Ugh, I really want one! This isn't helping! Does it provide any more height for rf than a Britax? It doesn't look like it from the numbers. :(

I'm not sure I will try to take a measurement of the inside seating position on the seventh slot. It will probably have to wait till tomorrow since it is -25° wind chill

Dorothy

I'm not sure I will try to take a measurement of the inside seating position on the seventh slot. It will probably have to wait till tomorrow since it is -25° wind chill

First, brrr! Second, I would love that measurement, too. I do not get along with the Radian in our vehicles, but it might be my only option if the Peg doesn't offer similar rfing height. TIA :)

Dorothy

Someone has already measured the PVC. Do a search or check the measurements forum maybe.

Of course, the measurement data... I was just looking at it for another seat.

It says 24" to the highest allowable rfing position (7th click).

So, and forgive me if this seems like a silly question, that means 23" usable rfing height, right?

ETA: Radian seating height says 25".

Re-ETA: Oops, wrong comparison. Britax is listed at 23.5" internal seating height

MommyShannon

Yeah, I've looked at the numbers but I need it to miraculously fit longer like I hear some seats do. I like my MA70 enough that I can't justify the Peg unless it lasts significantly longer. I'd never need the extra 5lbs.

Dorothy

Yeah, I've looked at the numbers but I need it to miraculously fit longer like I hear some seats do. I like my MA70 enough that I can't justify the Peg unless it lasts significantly longer. I'd never need the extra 5lbs.

LOL! I know exactly what you mean. :)

jordansmom

I had to contact Peg yesterday to have a new manual sent and asked in follow-up in the rumors regarding rear facing tethering was true. This was her response:

Yes this is correct. The seat will not go into production until after April. We should have the strap available shortly after that.

Thank you
Amy
CS Clerk
Peg Perego USA

Sounds like the timeline has been pushed back a little, but that it will be retroactive! Wonder how current owners of this seat will be informed of this or how they will get the additional strap (free, or have to pay for)?

Chloesmom

I absolutely love the peg I bought yesterday. However, as excited as I was about it fitting in the middle, I can't get a tight install on it. I don't know what I'm gonna do for the remainder of the lease.

jordansmom

I absolutely love the peg I bought yesterday. However, as excited as I was about it fitting in the middle, I can't get a tight install on it. I don't know what I'm gonna do for the remainder of the lease.

Are you installing with seatbelt or latch? What vehicle? My only problem with our Peg Convertible is that the latch straps can be extremely difficult to impossible to tighten enough. If I'm installing with latch, I will usually tighten it as much as possible, then unlatch it and tighten it more. Then I call in DH to help me hold the seat down and click the latch in. No problems getting a tight seatbelt install though.

It sounds like you are trying for a 3-across, maybe? What are your other seats? Maybe you can try a different configuration?

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I had a really hard time getting it tight with seatbelt in the centre of the loaner Hyundai Sonata we had for a bit. I had to get DH to help. I'm betting I'd have a hard time in my vehicle too (I'm using UAS in the centre which was hard to tighten but not impassible) because even my MA couldn't get acceptable tightness with seatbelt in centre.

Do you have the option to install it outboard?

Phineasmama

I was trying to latch mine into the captains chair in my minivan, and I thought it was really hard to tighten, until one day I tried installing it when I was IN the van because I had the other captains chair stowed, and that time it was super easy to get it rock solid with the latch. I think it was just the angle and having enough um...pull or force or whatever if I'm even making sense right now. I know that doesn't help much if you have a small car, but try getting right up in there as best you can and tightening from a different angle if possible.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC