techs--need help identifying seat and finding manufacture/expiration dates

brennamathis

428288_4662083662812_1548144878_n_zpsb1c5ac1d.jpg

I have a friend that is needing to know the manufacture date of this seat. There is NOTHING imprinted on the plastic anywhere that either of us can find, she says there was a label that she's pretty sure wore off/fell off fairly recently. She bought it used from a trusted friend about 2.5-3 years ago. She can't find the manual, says she's pretty sure its supposed to rf & ff harness to 80 lbs (she moved her boys to boosters right at 40, so they didn't use it FF past then at least) and then turns into a booster. I'm pretty sure its an eddie bauer 3 in 1 or a 3-in-1 deluxe (similar to the alpha omega). Anybody recognize the pattern and know the expiration date timeframe on these? The download manual I can find is from 2006, so I'm thinking its near the expiration date, unless the booster portion is considered good for longer? HELP??

ADS

mominabigtruck

Definitely expired, I'd say probably early 2000s for dom. It should be imprinted on the back underneath the bar that moves the headrest. Otherwise, take the base off and it could be there.

And yes it's an eb cosco 3in1. 5-35 rfing and 22-40 ffing, 30-80 as a booster which it should never be used as.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Yeah, it's one of the clones. That style started to be made in 1999. So any time after that. It looks to have an old Evenflo chest clip, though.

Does it have dials on the back with numbers? Or is stamped, "Do not use after?"

Wendy

christineka

I got one of these from a check event. It also had no dom. It had been bought for a child, who was then (last June) 11 years old. The chest clip shown in the photo is an evenflo clip.

brennamathis

thank you!! The chest clip has been driving me nuts because I was SO sure it did not belong with this seat, but I kept searching through old eddie bauer pics trying to see if I could find one like it anyway lol I'm gonna tell her to just cut the straps, beat the crap out of it, and pitch it.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
thank you!! The chest clip has been driving me nuts because I was SO sure it did not belong with this seat, but I kept searching through old eddie bauer pics trying to see if I could find one like it anyway lol I'm gonna tell her to just cut the straps, beat the crap out of it, and pitch it.

Do NOT run it over with a car. :whistle: It'll scratch the driveway and not destroy the seat.

Wendy

Kobain's Mommy

It's differently expired. My cousin had that, over head shield, and high back harness booster in this pattern for her 3 boys... The oldest is will be 15 this year(booster), the middle will be 12(this), and the youngest just turned 10(over head shield).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC