xtsl vs foonf for rf height

laudymama

Just wondering if anyone would happen to know what might give me the most time rf for ds. I just measured him tonight at 39in but forgot to check torso/seated height -he is more torso than legs though. He looks like he might have another inch or so left of growing room in his xtsl but I will have to do a precise measurement to be sure. I was all set to order a foonf but then that whole delay happened and I figured I'd just live with the loathed xtsl and have to turn him ff sooner than I want.....that is until I saw the foonf is now shipping :) We're expecting a dd in May so its not like whatever seats we have won't get used again. Just looking for insight on whether its worth it to shell out the foonf cash or if it will really buy me that much more time. Oh yeah....ds is 3yrs 2mo old. Goal is rf to 4.

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The Foonf is two inches or so taller.

The Size4Me is two inches taller than the Foonf. Is a 40 pound rear facing weight limit an issue?

Wendy

laudymama

Good to know...thanks! Guess I forgot to mention ds is usually 35 lbs given the day. I don't suppose a 40 lb limit would be an issue since I've always been more concerned with him outgrowing height over weight. So to make sure I'm clear, the size4me is taller but has lower weight limit than foonf? Only the foonf and xtsl have arb features though, correct? I tend to prefer it.

mrosehughes

If I understand correctly, the foonf also has a hard 43" height limit for RFing, while the radians have a 44" height limit, so that is a factor as well. I was thinking of foonf to get my monster DS to 4 RFing, but that height limit kills it for us.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The Foonf and Radian and Britax, and Combi, and the True Fit Premier have ARB. Of those the Foonf is the tallest, with the highest rear facing weight limit. And the most expensive.

The Size4Me is a couple of inches taller, but rear faces to 40 pounds instead of 45 or 50, and doesn't have any ARB.

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC