BJCMicro on clearance at Target

attachedmama

I bought one yesterday at $99 at my Target (Tampa Bay area) because it was the last one... figuring they won't do markdowns on nonexistent inventory! ;-) I haven't taken it out of the box yet- a) husband doesn't know, LOL and B) still debating whether to keep for myself (#2 coming in April) or give to my sister (#1 in July.)

ADS

crunchierthanthou

So the Target Micro is like the Mini in terms of being able to use a tray and car seat adaptor with it? I have a 3 year old Mini that is falling apart, so I'd love for this to replace it!

Do the Mini wheels fit on it? Maybe you can combine your new Micro with the bigger wheels of the Mini. :D

Meg

Swapping the wheels is a great idea! The strollers appear to be the exact same frame, so I don't see why it wouldn't work.:D

I'd love to see a picture of the straps and canopy on the new micro. I haven't opened the box on mine yet. Still trying to decide if I want to keep it or get a City Elite.

Here's side by side of the (2009) Mini and the Target Micro:
IMG_3046_zps036da5fd.jpg

Micro straps:
IMG_3048_zps27f4a19a.jpg

Mini vs. Micro canopies:
IMG_3050_zps841280e9.jpg

IMG_3051_zps901051e2.jpg

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
Swapping the wheels is a great idea! The strollers appear to be the exact same frame, so I don't see why it wouldn't work.:D

Micro straps:

Mini vs. Micro canopies:

On this note, can I order new wheels? I'd like a new set for my double. Dh nicked a wheel on another stroller recently and it would break my heart on my mini double.

Mags462

On this note, can I order new wheels? I'd like a new set for my double. Dh nicked a wheel on another stroller recently and it would break my heart on my mini double.

Yep - pretty positive you can. Just call BJ CS..... I have no idea how much they cost - but "wheels" is listed as a replaceable part in my owners manual.

tdotey

I've been stalking this thread for almost a month now and finally decided to register so I could reply...

I bought 2 Micros for $139 right after Christmas and found this thread later that night where someone found them for $60. I went to a store across town the next day and they had them marked at 70% off so I'm SURE they will go down lower than $99.

I got one for myself even though I'm trying to sell my City Elite (because I now need a double). I can't wait for the Black on Black Mini GT Double to be released in the Spring.

I gave my 2nd one to a friend and of course when I told everyone the great deal I got, more friends requested that I find them one. Of course the store that had them 70% off sold out quickly so I've been stalking this thread so I will know when more stores 70% off. The stores close to me now have them for $99 but I'm hopeful that they will go down more and you all should all be too.

On another note, someone asked about chaning to Mini Wheels. Someone in another thread said they replaced their Micro wheels with Mini wheels so I'm sure it can be done. I'm considering doing this myself.

svsuengel

Tdotey- are you in Ann Arbor too? I was just wondering if we were the only fluke 70% off store or if there is some other city/state that got lucky too.

tdotey

I live in the Washington DC area but the store that clearanced them at 70% off was in Columbus, OH (I was home for the holidays). Maybe the fluke was in the Midwest?

tdotey

IMG_3046_zps036da5fd.jpg

Are the back wheels smaller too or just the front wheel? I read somewhere that the only difference was the front wheel but this side by side pic looks like the back wheels are smaller too.

Great comparison pics by the way, thanks for posting!

Spam

still had 3 today at $99. Other clearance stuff from last week had been reduced again and they got rid of a lot of stuff, but the strollers didn't change.

Meg

Are the back wheels smaller too or just the front wheel? I read somewhere that the only difference was the front wheel but this side by side pic looks like the back wheels are smaller too.

Great comparison pics by the way, thanks for posting!

You're welcome! ;)

The back wheels are definitely smaller. The strollers are side by side in the pic:

Last edited:

Meg

I had Luca in the stroller (he's 3 and 24lbs.) and I don't think it's as good as the Mini in terms of ease of movement, but it's still very nice. I was still able to push the Micro with one hand and turn the stroller in place without difficulty. The Mini is just a tinier bit smoother to push than the Micro.

Meg

I just read elsewhere that someone ordered a new front Mini wheel from BJ and it cost $15.

Meg

Here's comparison pics between the "old" Micro and thee "new" Micro. Sorry it took me so long.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Wow, that's a big difference! The new Micro is definitely an upgrade. Although, it looks like the old Micro had bigger/better back wheels..?

luckyclov

Wow, that's a big difference! The new Micro is definitely an upgrade. Although, it looks like the old Micro had bigger/better back wheels..?

The back wheels on the old Micro are a little bigger. The old one has been pretty abused the last year, going on 4 mile walk/jogs with DH (who thinks any 3 wheel stroller was meant for a jog) and has held up really nicely. The only problem was the rubber across the handle split on one place.

Meg

The back wheels on the old Micro are a little bigger. The old one has been pretty abused the last year, going on 4 mile walk/jogs with DH (who thinks any 3 wheel stroller was meant for a jog) and has held up really nicely. The only problem was the rubber across the handle split on one place.

That happened to my Mini too. You can see the two breaks in the rubber in the handle in the pic upthread. I'm totally bummed about it because it seriously affected the option of reselling it, so now I'm just keeping it as a second stroller for my husband's car. I wonder if the rubber splitting is a common issue?!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC