Question 3 across Mercury Mariner

U

Unregistered

I have a 2007 Mercury Mariner and I am expecting my third child this summer. I would really like to keep my vehicle but am unsure about fitting three car seats in the back. My daughter will be 4 1/2 by the time the new baby arrives and she is currently in a Graco Nautalus she is also still harnessed. My son will be one year old once the baby arrives. He is currently in a First Years Car Seat (but he will be switching to a convertible car seat by then). I am open to purchasing new car seats since that would be cheaper than a new vehicle I am just unsure where to even start. I would appreciate any information! Thanks!!

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Welcome! Hopefully we can help you out. Can you give us a little more info on your kids' sizes? How tall are they in the torso, and how much do they weigh? Do you expect your baby to be tall or short based on your other kids' sizes?

Do you want to use a rear-facing only bucket carrier for your new baby, or are you open to using a convertible from birth if that is what fits better? (I don't know, having not looked at pics of your car's back seat yet and not being familiar with it, but sometimes that is the case.)

Hopefully with this added info we'll be able to give you some good suggestions. :)

U

Unregistered

My four year old daughter is 40 inches tall with a longer torso. She weighs 33 pounds currently. My 7 month old son is 28 inches tall and weighs 22 pounds and also has a longer torso. I would say that my baby on the way would be more likely to be on the shorter side. My husband and I are both shorter.

I would say I am not completely opposed to having a convertible car seat right away for the new baby, however, I would defiantly prefer to have a carrier style car seat at least for a little while. On the other hand I would rather not purchase a new vehicle...

Thanks so much for the help!!

jess71903

Ambassador
You might search the forum for Ford Escape, since they are clones of the Mariner. That's about all the help I can give, now, except to say that the Nautilus will almost certainly have to go. It doesn't play well with others, generally speaking :).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC