Question 3 Across in VW Tiguan

loveisacupcake

Hello Everyone! New here. I have 7 month old twin boys and am starting to think about switching them to a convertible carseat. Now my issue is that my nephew is 9 months old and I will be taking them to "school" in the mornings when they are 2 years old. I need to be able to fit three across. I've been looking at 3 seats for my boys that I like and my nephew doesn't need to use the same one. I'm assuming my sister in law will get something a little cheaper for him since he'll literally only be riding in my car for at max 5 min every morning (the preschool is very close).

I've been looking at the Graco MyRide 65, the Combi Cocorro and the Recaro ProRide. I have a substantial credit at Buy Buy Baby so price isn't necessarily a huge issue. Right now the boys are on the smaller size weight wise (10% percentile for the last 4 months) and 25% and 50% percentile for height.

Thanks in advance!

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
With two My Rides probably the only seat you could get between them would be a Coccoro or a Radian. You having two Radians for your boys would make things easier to fit between them, but they may be more seat than little boys need. However, they are fantastic in a tight three across, last a long time rear and forward facing, and are decently economical. They'd be my first choice for planning three rear facing across a backseat. Especially a Tiguan.

Wendy

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Any. They're all the same size and shape with the same top slots. The R100 rear faces to 40 pounds and forward faces to 65, the R120 and RXT rear face to 45 pounds and forward face to 80. None are great boosters (the bottom starting weight is 50 pounds, which is high, and the RXT is outgrown as a booster as the same time as the harness, and the R100 and R120 have high shoulder guides that are non adjustable).

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC