Question Convertible Car Seat for 2008 Jeep Liberty-Safe & Affordable

AverysMomma

Hello,

I have been looking for a convertible care seat and finally decided on the Graco MyRide 65 because of the good safety ratings and affordability, but when I went to install it in my 2008 Jeep Liberty (rear facing, using the LATCH system), it was too big. The passenger seat was as far as it could possibly be, leaving no space for a person to ride in the front seat. I went back to the store to compare sizes and they all look pretty similar.

Any suggestions?? I am looking for something that is safe and affordable.

I tried looking it up on Consumers Reports and you have to subscribe, which will be my next step.

Thanks!

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Welcome.

Did you try installing the seat in the middle? Also, there are no safety ratings, and Consumer Reports has not been found to be accurate with carseats. All carseats pass the same tests, and the My Ride is a great seat.

How old and heavy is your child? Did you have the ball more upright?

Wendy

AverysMomma

Hello,

I haven't tried it in the middle, thinking that both of the front seats would have to be pushed pretty far up then. I will try that since I haven't returned it yet though.

My daughter turns 1 year next week and weighs around 20 lbs.

I'm not sure what you mean about ball being more upright. I do have it in the recline position, rear facing.

Thanks again!

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Usually the middle gives both front seat passengers more room. Not sure on the specifics with this car and seat, but that's what normally happens.

Since your daughter isn't a newborn you can have the carseat as upright as the level indicator allows. There's a ball on the side. It has to be in the green, but you'll see there's a bit of a range. Add weight to her feet area as you tighten the seat down and it'll go more upright. Add weight to the bum area and it'll stay where it is.

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC