Degree Rotation Scores?

Cookie Pants

Hey guys! I'm looking for some Degree Rotation score specs on a few car seats. I have been googling and nothing is popping up.

Orbit Baby Infant car seat G2

Cybex Aton 2 (have they released those yet?)

Nuna Pipa

Any specific thoughts, preferences, cautions against any of those seats?

Thanks in advance!

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Cookie Pants said:
Hey guys! I'm looking for some Degree Rotation score specs on a few car seats. I have been googling and nothing is popping up.

Orbit Baby Infant car seat G2

Cybex Aton 2 (have they released those yet?)

Nuna Pipa

Any specific thoughts, preferences, cautions against any of those seats?

Thanks in advance!

Hi there!

I...uh...have no idea what a degree rotation score is :eek: Are you talking about some kind of crash test rating? In the US, NHTSA does release crash test data, but usually not for some time after it's done, and they don't do all seats each time. I doubt the Orbit and Aton have been tested yet. I've never heard of Nuna Pipa.

If you're not looking for US data, then it might be better to post in the Canadian & International Forum.

Or I might just be really dim and other people totally know what you're asking and will be along soon :D

monica-m

CPST Instructor
The Nuna Pipa is currently only available overseas. It will be coming to the US sometime next year. The Aton 2 will be available next year as well. Both of those seats will have foot props but since they cannot rely on the foot prop in order to pass testing even if we had access to that data, I don't know how much it would really tell us.

Cookie Pants

I was reading about the new Uppa Baby Mesa which has 15 degrees rotation compared to the Keyfit so that's what sparked these questions. I know the Keyfit is pretty standard in car seats so I wondered what the Aton, the Aton 2, Nuna, and Orbit's specs were or if that'd been released. I know a couple of these are still in the prototype phases but I wondered if they had any solid specs yet like the Mesa.
I assume (could be way way wrong LOL) that the rotation is the amount of twisting that occurs during a crash for a properly latched child seat.
http://mbeans.com/spillingthebeans/baby/uppababy-mesa-infant-car-seat-is-coming-soon/

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Rotating over 70 degrees is unsafe. Rotating under 70 degrees is safe. I don't know that I'd be bothered or care if a seat went to 50 degrees or 69 degrees. I'd rather the seat move more and less energy goes to the child, for sure.

Wendy

bnsnyde

So is 15 even good? That's what the Uppa Baby was, I think. Very low! But what happens to the NOOB in that case?

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
bnsnyde said:
So is 15 even good? That's what the Uppa Baby was, I think. Very low! But what happens to the NOOB in that case?

That doesn't make sense to me. I thought they measure from vertical, and an infant seat is going to start off around 45 degrees initially. If it rotates another 15 degrees, that would put it around 60. Unless I'm understanding wrong, I think the interpretation in that blog post was incorrect.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC