what convertible seats would you buy?

krfogle88

I am going to start looking and deal searching for carseats for Dd2 soon. I plan on keeping her in her infant seat until april/may. Shes itty bitty at almost 15 lbs at over 8 months old.

She has a cco she is/will use in DH's car. Shoulder level is a little over first slot.

So ill need three convertibles. One for frequent use in my mom's car, frequent use in my car, and occasional use in my aunts car. Size isn't an issue as she will be in captains chairs in my mom's and aunts vans. She has the whole bench in my trailblazer ext also as the older girls are in the back.

So what would you buy? Although I'm not totally against the foonf I don't prefer the $500 price tag. I'm pretty much open to any other suggestions.

ADS

Phineasmama

Since she is an itty bitty thing I would probably get a Britax convertible. Yeah there are some other good seats you can get- like the Size4Me/Mysize 70, Radian, etc.

Just personally if I were in your position that's what I would do. Their seats are so easy to use and install...I've always loved them even though I've tried/owned many other seats :) Right now about half my seats are Britax and half are a mix of other brands. I am also really liking the Maxi Cosi Pria 70 right now, even though I don't usually like Dorel I am really liking this seat.

mom2ari

I might wait to see if the chicco nexfit comes out by the time you need a seat. I think that seat looks awesome!

We currently have radians which I do like a lot and a true fit which is nice too (though I prefer the RNs). If I got another TF Id spring for the antirebound version which wasn't available when we purchased ours. I think it would help if your kids kept shoes on in the car to keep the back seat cleaner while rfing. (though my kids almost always take their shoes off).

Your best bet though is to go play with seats and see what you like in a seat! If you decide you like the radians Kohls has had a buy one get one in the past that has been a really good deal if you are looking for multiple of the same seat... can't guaruntee tht they will do it again, but I think it is a good possibility. Also another thought to consider is to get different seats for the vehicles. You can keep the one you like the most for your vehicle, but then they may not all be outgrown at the same time. Where as three of the same seat most likely will all be outgrown at the same time (unless there is some variation in how it installs in the three vehicles giving more or less room)

jjordan

Personally I love Britax seats as long as a child is average to small. But since you're not planning to use it until April/May anyway, I might wait and see if the Chicco NextFit is out by the time you're shopping.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC