Cheap seat for travel for 10 month old

Stacy

We will be flying next week with the kids. My 10 month old will be a lap baby and I was planning on having a seat shipped to our destination (we have family that can bring it to the airport). We will be renting a car for the week.

I am thinking of getting the Tribute seat, based really on price alone since I will not be bringing it back.

Is this a pretty good bet? How is it to install?

TIA!

ADS

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Either a Tribute or a Cosco Scenera would be what I'd get. Usually the Scenera's a little cheaper. I think I like it a little better, too, but that's just a matter of opinion.

kelkel2090

CPST Instructor
I second the Scenera over the tribute. I have one for my husbands car and likely enough to use for his daily daycare pickups. We use the Tribute for our program seat for families in need, and while its a nice seat I thin the Scenera has easier installation and is more user friendly.

Stacy

Well, I bit the bullet and just decided to get a ticket for the baby after all. Her regular seat is a RA 40 and I am madly in love with the little thing, so I will bringing it along for the trip :thumbsup:.

So on that note, is there anything I should know about before installing this seat on the plane?

Baylor

Well, I bit the bullet and just decided to get a ticket for the baby after all. Her regular seat is a RA 40 and I am madly in love with the little thing, so I will bringing it along for the trip :thumbsup:.

So on that note, is there anything I should know about before installing this seat on the plane?

YAY!! Im so glad you did! I always worry so much about babies and kids not strapped in during turbulence and to be honest, Most kids are used to car seats so they behave better when in a seat. It makes it less stressful over all.

:)

rachelandtyke

We flew a lot with our Blvd 65 and it was easy to install rfing on the plane. IIRC I buckled it in using rfing belt path over the cover and then put DD in the seat. (I think it was easier than having her in the seat when I installed it.) You may need to raise the armrest before you install it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC