Looking for new seats!!!

mommy

All advice welcome here ladies!!!
Iam sad to say that my sister does not use the proper seats for her 2 boys :( It scares me to death to think of them not restrained properley in the van......So with my nephews BDAY commin up I have decide to get them new seats!!!
Becasue I dont have alot of money and Iam getting 2 seats Iam looking for the safest seat for the best price!

Ok so the boys are 5 and just about 7!! However the oldest boy has autism and does not like a seat at all!!! He seems to be able to get out of his booster that he is in now so Iam thinking a 5 point might help this (can a 7yr old be in a 5 point??) ;) The boys are tiny in weight the 5yr old is about 35 pounds?? and the 7yr old is 45?? They are only about average in height also!! If I need to find out specific stats just let me know!!
My sister drives a 2002 Pontiac Montana!!! Oh and Iam in east coast canada girls!!!

So what are you thinking would be good seats?? :)

ADS

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
The 5 year old legally needs to still be in a 5 pt harness. A Radian would be a good choice for him.

If the 7 year old is short enough, you could do a Radian for him as well, but he's probably right at the top slots... so not too practical of a purchase.

The Radian has the tallest top slots of any seat in Canada. If the 7 yr old doesn't fit that, then his only option in Canada is a booster. The Britax Parkway and the Graco Turbobooster are the two Canadian options that come to mind.

The Radian is at Canadian Tire for $199 (48lbs stickered limits)and also at Babyproofingplus.com for $229 (65lbs stickered limits - the website has the incorrect info posted... all the babyproofingplus ones come with the 65lbs limit).

Both booster seats listed are approximately $120 at Toys R Us.

Edited to add: If you can find out height of both boys as well as torso height, I can give you a better idea of how the Radian would fit them.
Torso height... have them sit on the floor with their bum up against a wall. Make a mark at the top of their shoulders. Measure from the floor to the mark... this is torso height.

Here's my 5.5 yr old in his Radian. He is currently on the top slots with about 1.5 - 2" of torso growing room. I expect him to last another year or two in this seat. He is 35lbs, 44in tall and has a 16" torso...
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/125/413192536_e6bcc9cb12.jpg?v=0

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC