Via?

alake

What are your thoughts on the safety first via. I was looking to purchase the travel system at zeller's for my sister. I know nothing about it.

ADS

Aprilmom

It's actually the First Years brand. I have one and I really like it. I did find my lock off didn't actually lock the belt when I tried it. The UAS is really nice and easy to use. The seat is well padded, has a no rethread harness and pretty decent canopy.

amyd

Zellers still has it as a travel system with the Wisp stroller. You can get it on Amazon.ca with the Indigo stroller or as a standalone seat at BRU, I think.

alake

She tends to have bigger kids. Eryn at 7 weeks old is the size of her typical newborns. I had Eryn with me and would have tried her in it but she was sleeping and was going to wake up and want to be fed so I left her to sleep. Her kids weigh anywhere between 7 pounds and 10 pounds. They tend to gain rather quickly until around 7 months and then even out.

jacqui276

I have a Via35 and Wisp stroller (bought separately at BRU, but the same system as what Zellers sells just different covers) and I really liked them. I had absolutely no complaints about the via. It lasted longer than your average infant seat, the cover cleaned up well and was soft, I like the no rethread harness, it was super easy to install with both latch and seat belt, puzzled well with my other seats, had a decent canopy. I sold mine about 2 weeks ago and was sad to see it go. It is a fairly heavy seat compared to other infant seats but it had a great handle with a wider part that made it comfortable to carry on your forearm with a heavier baby (I carried DS in it until he hit 24lbs and finally stopped because he was very close to outgrowing the seat by height and my shoulder was getting sore from the weight).

The Wisp stroller was wonderful as a travel system stroller. It steers really well. My only issue was the basket underneath is hard to access because of the criss-cross steel frame. Once I sold the car seat I gave the stroller to my mom for when she watches DS and bought myself a new one. My main complaint about the stroller on it's own is that it does not have a very good sun shade so for my frequent dog park walks it wasn't great (bought a b-agile to replace it which has a huge sun shade and is great for sunny days). My mom loves the stroller for occasional use though. It also is nice and tall so you don't feel slumped over pushing it.

ETA: This post shows a few photos of the wisp and via together as a travel system. http://www.car-seat.org/showpost.php?p=2315501&postcount=24

christineka

I had one to try out. The two biggest (imo) cons to the seat are the weight at 13 pounds for just the bucket and the really complicated baseless install. The seat is really tall, but the shutte 35, graco snugride 35, onboard 35, and maxi cosi mico are the same height. (or taller as in the case of the shuttle)

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I own both the old-style Via and the new Via (though my new one is "on loan" right now) and consider both to be the best infant seats I've ever owned. I prefer them over the seats I've owned in the past: KeyFit, Snugrides, Companion, SmartFit Plus, and Handle with Care.

The Via is heavy, but as Jacqui said, the handle makes that easy to manage. I love the height, no-rethread harness, lock-offs, smooth harness adjustment, large canopy, easy-to-use base, handle, cover, and "sturdiness" of the seat.

moonlightblonde

I have and like the system (yay to the zellers 1/2 off fiasco last year) & like it, though the seat is a BEAST - I leave it either attached to the stroller or in the car unless weather is bad (we only go in the car about once a week, other than that I use it daily as a stroller system for the bus stop).

It fit my newborn great & almost fit my 3.5 year old when we bought it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC