Poll: seat sightings

Which seat do you see installed most often?

• Dorel/Cosco

Votes: 64 78.0%
  • Graco

Votes: 26 31.7%
  • Evenflo

Votes: 15 18.3%
  • Britax

Votes: 12 14.6%
  • other

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters

smurf

I'm wondering if the Dorel seats are as popular elsewhere as they are here... I swear almost every seat I see installed in a car (I admit I'm a gawker) is the Alpha Omega. Just about everyone I know owns one in some form or other (Elite, Eddie Bauer, etc).

Britax sightings are very rare here. Once in a blue moon. And I've never seen a Radian.

So I'm wondering which car seats do you see most often installed in cars. Techs will have lots of sightings I'm sure.

ADS

Jewels

Senior Community Member
The AO/AOE is by far the most popular for a convertable. For infant seats it is pretty equal between the Graco, Evenflo and Cosco . . . you know the ones you can by at the CDN Walmarts and Superstores!

I have only ever seen the Radian installed in my friends vehicles and they only have them because I told them to get them :rolleyes: The only time I have ever seen a Britax (other then my own) is when we were in Minneapolis. There I saw a couple of roundabouts, it was exciting :thumbsup:

At the last seat check I did, one vehicle that was pulled over (it was a mandetory seat check with the RCMP) were on their way to the US to by a Regent! I really had wished that they would have already had it so I could have played . . .:whistle:

keri1292

I chose Graco, but I think that I just notice the handle up on the Snugride more than the AO. I've seen one Britax seat in 6 years of owning one myself. It was orange. I was excited. My dh thought I was a freak. :eek:

seatchecker

Senior Community Member
It's a toss up between Graco and Cosco - Graco for infant seats, and then Cosco for convertibles, combos and boosters.

Tara

I see all of the above, often. Have yet to see a Radian though.
But I do see several Britax seats around here. *Most* of which appear to be used to the best they can (ok that sounded really sloppy, but anywho..). I've seen a couple RF when the child was over 1 yr. Maybe not by a whole lot, but a smidge. Not yet to the 33# RF limit of the MA.
I think I've only seen one Britax in use FF when the child really should have still been RF..yes, over a year, between 18mo and 2 yr I'd say...but a dinky little thing. Looked well within the RF weight limits.

I see a lot of AO in every stage of use.
Wait..not so much RF, don't know that I've seen many, if any at all, in RF mode. But FF for all ages..smaller RF size kids in there FF.

I've seen my fair share of Sceneras..a lot of which have been RF with 'bigger' babies. And at least as many in FF position.

I see a lot of SnugRides. Most of which have the handles up or in that in between unacceptable position. And probably half of those also have the toys hanging from the handle.

I haven't voted as I couldn't decide what I saw the most of LOL

Melizerd

I've only seen 2 Britax seats. One was the Companion and one was a Marathon. Otherwise I see the AO/AOE a LOT.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I see loads of OHS Evenflo seats here, but I voted Dorel because AO/AOE wins hands down. Most of the people in our playgroup has them. I also see tons of CarGos.

I have seen lots of Britax seats, though. I even saw a RF toddler once, and I know 2 people who have their toddlers RF (although one doesn't count since she's only 19 pounds at 17 months). Oh and I saw TWO Regents a couple days ago! Within minutes of each other. Oh, and once I was getting on a ferry and saw a woman rubbernecking my RF toddler, and she gave me a thumbs-up which I was assuming was about ERF. She had a son who was definitely too tall & heavy to RF, and he was FF in the cinnabar Marathon (gorgeous btw!).

cmm7

I see mostly Graco for boosters and infant seats and Cosco for convertibles. I voted for both of those.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I see a lot of AOEs and its clones. I also, however, see A TON of Britax seats.

Just yesterday, I was able to point out a Cowmooflage Marathon, a Granite Marathon, a Houndstooth Marathon, an Ashley Floral Marathon, a Arcadia Grass Marathon, a Gray Roundabout, a Tan Microdot Roundabout, a Shannon Boulevard, a Marina Husky or Regent, an Onyx Regent, and a Wicket Husky. :D ALL those seats were seen in a 2 block walk and the short walk to the car at the train station. Granted, several of them were in the same vehicles, but it was still impressive! :D

beebear23

Senior Community Member
I see mostly Cosco seats around here.. People are in love w/the AO, which of course, is almost never used properly.

for infant seats it's usually Evenflo or Graco though.

mimieliza

Mostly Cosco (the AOE is popular, along with the - ugh - OHS Scenara). Lots of Graco infant seats and I see some ComfortSports, too.

Oh, and the Snugride handle can be in the all-the-way up position on most Snugrides. So that doesn't bother me when I see it.

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
Graco hands down for infant seats (although I am starting to see more Keyfits). For convertibles, I find it's a toss up between a OHS Scenera (never seen one RFing though) and an AOE. According to my local BRU supervisor, they can't keep the AOEs stocked :thumbsdown: I also very rarely see AOEs RFing. Most parents around here get an infant seat, and once the kid grows out of it weight wise (I see tons of kids too tall for the infant seats) they go FFing in one of the above mentioned :mad:

super_grape

here, it's dorel HANDS DOWN:rolleyes:!

in fact, in the parking lot at ikea on saturday, i counted 6
alpha whatevers just walking from the car to the door!

the crst instructor i had reccomends those things to parents
at seat checks and the like...she HATES britax.
everytime i'm at the big baby store in town and they're trying to sell
someone a seat i hear "the head of carseats at transport canada
buys these seats for her tests and she says they're the best and they do everything but throw them off the roof...blah, blah, blah"
it drives me insane! i know there's nothing unsafe about the seat
if used properly but too many people use them improperly because it's so easy to do so and they don't fit non-peanuts for near as long
which means they go into booster mode too early.
ok, i'll confess...i hate the things, but they could be better if stupid dorel designed them for bigger kids and made them less easy to misuse. ok, rant over:eek:...

broken4u05

i see a lot of britax here because people just like to be the richest things for there kids. Most of the time they are not in the seats right or something but it is a great seat right? It will save there lives even without buckling them in. right? LOL JK.

I definitely see the Dorel/Cosco/EB Alpha Omega models the most around here. I'm still trying to get rid of the one I bought for Dd last year before I found this site, in fact! But Dh has a co-worker with a new baby, possibly in financial need, so I'll probably just give it to them (with LOTS of info on how to use it properly)...

Thus contributing to the AO-most-popular-carseat-EVER image... :rolleyes:

Mama2J

I chose Dorel and Evenflo. They are the cheapest and the also the ones I looked at when I needed seats. I'd never seen a Britax seat in use other than my own, until last week! I went to book Justin's birthday party and when I came out I noticed there were three cars in the parking lot with what looked like Marathons! I couldn't believe it, I didn't think they actually existed around here except on the Target shelf.

momme2_3

I am outside of Pittsburgh PA and around here there are mostly Gracos for the infants seats and the Graco Comfortsports for the FF and the cosco (ok anything cheap at walmart!). We had 2 marathons, roundabout, and a new addition Boulevard, soon to be here tomorrow:)
I get pretty excited when I see another Britax ( i just secretly smile inside, dh would think I am crazy)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC