Favorite add a seat stroller?

ADS

Spam

I've only gotten to play with the b-ready briefly at bbb but I did like it. It's the one I'm leaning towards, but it seems like some aren't liking it. Just wanted to see what others have loved. Mostly used for ds2 and ds3 now, and likely ds3 and #4 later. I have walkers, they'd all rather be free and walking than strapped in a stroller. I'd like it to be somewhat compact and not take up a whole trunk or cargo area. Small enough to not be too awkward at dr's.

MommaMia

I got a used Phil and teds off Craigslist and LOVE it. Never thought I would. I have a 2.5yo and 11 month old. I switch up who rides in the lower seat. Though neither seems to mind.

momofzacnalex

We love our 2012 red b-ready. My ds is 4yo and about 37lb and 2nd ds is 1yo. They both sit comfortably in either position. I love this stroller and have been trying to convince all the new moms I know to purchase it.

canadiangie

Are there differences between pre 2012 B-Ready strollers and what's being sold today?

I've always heard such negative things about the B-Ready, though I've never paid much attention since I'm not actually in the market for one.

Hope you don't mind me asking, OP. :eek:

Adorkable

I can not say enough great things about the baby jogger city select, hands down the very best. It is stacked the opposite way from the b ready and Phil and teds and that makes a huge difference!! Also built amazingly well, and customer service to no end!

I can talk details later when I'm not in my phone

Aurezalia

City select, hands down. Only single-to-double conversion stroller that has 2 full-size seats, both fully recline, foot rest, etc. And the second seat is FAR easier to take on and off than anything else.

DMS721

Another vote for the City Select. My 3 yr old refused to ride in the bottom seat on the b ready, and my baby could not ride down there as he has health issues. The City Select gives us so many different seating options to make everyone happy.

Spam

I had a city select. Really liked it, but didn't love it :eek: It still seemed really long to me, especially with the second seat on. I should have kept it though, I'll never find a deal like the one I got on it ($150). Our clist sucks, there's rarely anything other than graco and babytrend.

I'd love to the know the differences of 2012 b-ready compared to previous years as well. What makes this year good?

amyd

I love the Valco Tri-mode - but we primarily used it with a newborn and toddler, not two older kids.

We like our Trimode too and I'm still kicking myself for not picking up the second seat when I saw it for $30 at a local baby boutique that was closing. What I don't like is that both seats face forward. I'm leaning toward picking up a City Select this time.

zoecoltsmama

I picked the uppa vista with ruble seat over the city select and the b-ready, I did a lame amount of trying all out. the uppa push wins over all, the uppas seat room wins over breadys and the uppa's seat sturdyness and comfert win over city's and a year and a half later w/three time a week use a dble and almost every day as single, I love it still and it has held up well, we are not gentle. also love the buggy board attachment for three kids or just a diff choice. This is our only stroller, I can use it to jog after son on his bike too.

V

VanIsleMommy

I love my city select. I've owned a LOT of strollers before this came out and I love it :)

Aurezalia

I had a city select. Really liked it, but didn't love it :eek: It still seemed really long to me, especially with the second seat on. I should have kept it though, I'll never find a deal like the one I got on it ($150).

Yeah, it is longer than other single-to-double strollers, but it's a trade-off. Like I mentioned, the BJCS has 2 full seats, both with full recline, super flexible seating positions, etc. Being able to fit 2 full seats on there means it will be a little longer than most.
When looking at something like a Vista or B-ready, you have a stroller that is the size of a single stroller... that you're now cramming 2 kids into. It's smaller, sure, but when I'm putting 2 kids in a stroller I'm not sure if that's something I'm going to prize. :p The rumble seats usually have the bottom kid's feet in the basket, which eats up all that storage space, no recline, no shade, etc.

ckelly626

B-ready. I tried the CS at the store and I think if I has twins I'd like it over the BR but I had a 3 year old and newborn. The BR worked better for my situation. I reviewed it on my blog if you want to check it out. Differences for 2011 vs 2012 are the 2012 has new MUST HAVE wheels, improved suspension (though some have questioned just how improved it is) and a more upright seat (4 recline settings). They now don't include the parent console and raincover which was included with the 2011.

You can see my opinion on the BR on my blog at busybeautifulbudget.blogspot.com look at reviews on the top tabs. I purchased it myself and did have some issues with it so my review is pretty unbiased. Hth.

frugalmom

I can not say enough great things about the baby jogger city select, hands down the very best. It is stacked the opposite way from the b ready and Phil and teds and that makes a huge difference!! Also built amazingly well, and customer service to no end!

I can talk details later when I'm not in my phone

Please post details.

Everyone who has the baby jogger city select, do you have any pictures of kids in it?

I am due with number 4 and i think this might be the stroller for me. i am hoping to see older kids in the second seat and how they fit and like it.
do their feet drag on the ground?

any negative stuff?

cupcakepirate11

I think the seats on the city select are very short and the footwells are also small, only downfall really. But I am tall.and my kid is tall so not sure of that helps

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC