Question New Clek Colours

tam_shops

Does anyone know what the new Clek Colours, fabrics and/or Paul Frank designs will be?

See they are starting to clear out the old stock? When do the 2013 car seats come out? January? Or even just when do we know what they are?

Was starting to think about getting a Clek now that I get a tech discount. Then, saw they were on sale. THEN noticed the Drift (black) doesn't have that special great fabric, which imo is one of the main reasons to get a Clek. So, now I don't know what to do! LOL

Think my son would have liked the Oobr Skurvy, but they don't make that anymore...

tam

ADS

bnsnyde

Bumping.

Is Drift a fine choice?

How do you clean it if someone pukes? Cover comes off, or no?

And would the 2013 re-launch come with any changes (safety-related) to the Oobr? I'm hearing late 2013 so that's a long time from now, but still.
Not that long, really.

Last edited:

Chila88

I hadn't heard there were changes coming to the Oobr. Do you guys know anything about them at all, or is it all hush hush? I'm in the market for one at some point too (I think)...but am in no rush as long as DD doesn't grow much torso and outgrow her BV anytime soon. I would/could wait for changes...but want to know what they are!!!

tam_shops

I hadn't heard anything about changes to the Oobr.

I'm not sure about cleaning the Drift fabric. I am pretty sure it does *not* come off, though perhaps drift does vs the others that do not. From what I've read on their site. The Drift fabric is not the fantastic fabric all their other seats have (not sure why!???). It is standard upholstery fabric ie like your car's seat. So, good quality and easier to clean, but what good does that do if my 3yo vomits all over his brother's seat!? He's done it before! LOL

I *really* want black (or scurvy-not made anymore), but I also want this great fabric they're known for! LOL

tam

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Well, theoretically... you can get a kit at some stores (I know Buy Buy Baby carries it) to make any upholstery (your couch, your car... so probably the booster, too) water- and stain-resistant with that Crypton stuff.

bnsnyde

I prohibit puking in the van.

Actually had a bag for my daughter once (driving my son to school), and she waited until we got there, exited, puked, and then was done. :)

I since heard the Drift is like automotive fabric, so easy to clean. They are testing the market will a lower-priced seat (though identical except for fabric). The more I think about it, I kind of want the special fabric too, though. One of these days the kids are going to rebel and puke!

tam_shops

I prohibit puking in the van.

Actually had a bag for my daughter once (driving my son to school), and she waited until we got there, exited, puked, and then was done. :)

I since heard the Drift is like automotive fabric, so easy to clean. They are testing the market will a lower-priced seat (though identical except for fabric). The more I think about it, I kind of want the special fabric too, though. One of these days the kids are going to rebel and puke!

Prohibit vomiting! LOL If I were going to prohibit something in my car it'd be the screaming my 3yo does!

REALLY on the testing cheaper fabric!? REALLY!? But, other than right now where they suddenly have a sale, which I thought was an end of the year clearance, the black wasn't any cheaper. Further, it's $200 in the US and $250 in Canada. *That* impresses me even less given it's a right now thing and the dollar is at par...and now that i know it's a cheaper fabric--which is kind of what I thought...Wonder why they picked the black. The only colour I want! LOL

Aaack!

When oh when will we know the 2013 colours!?

tam

tam_shops

Thanks, that's a great point! I'd be more impressed if I didn't have something (pop I think) that left a big lightened area on the front seat of my car, that I always meant to get cleaned and then it was too late...though I don't let my kids have pop in the car! LOL

You can *not* replace the covers on these, right? If I knew what the next monkey design was and if we liked it, or not, I'd grab this...I've never paid attention to the Clek sales b/c I've never been in the market and kind of always felt if I'm spending $300 on a seat, then I should be getting a Frontier...Watch, I'll wait until I miss the sale then be ticked and my poor guy will have to spend another year in his GN! LOL

tam

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Yeah, you can't really replace the covers. I mean, the bottom part you theoretically could if they had a spare, but you'd have to buy a new back/headrest.

tam_shops

Finally got to the store to look at the fabric. The black certainly is like my Toyota Matrix car upholstery fabric--similar but tighter weave than the car one.

Really like the Crypton fabric that they had on the Olli that was there. It was sort of like a super short shag carpet fabric.

I can see both holding up well, and suppose you could use a carpet cleaner on the black if you needed to and if there was enough vomit to cover the booster, it'd be all over the car as well...

As for the new colours, the lady said they'd get a sneak peak in the fall, before they got to see them later in the winter IRL.

Now, I wonder how long this *sale* will last! LOL

I've been leaning towards letting him use a booster at 7yo, so guess I could wait until the Spring and hope I either like the new colours better or wait on a new sale...

tam

tam_shops

I've heard no complaints about the seat, so assume that nothing is changing with it.

I think, in the past, they have had different Paul Frank designs each year, I only noticed that b/c the review has that cool black Scurvy my son noticed and asked for. I looked for it, and surprise, gone, last year's design...So, I assume (and probably hope), but do not know there will change new Paul Frank designs. And, perhaps a new colour (or two) in and same out...

My pause to wait is hoping for a black and/or Paul Frank my son likes w/ the Crypton fabric. Especially since this new cheaper black fabric was said to be new and a trial to get an entry level seat. *No* idea if that's true, just read that, here perhaps...

tam

NannyMom

I admit to not reading the entire thread. But Drift (for Foonf, I don't know about other seats) is NOT Crypton.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC