.: What Carseat Next? :.

L

leahpatricia

Our 2yoDD is still 25lbs FF on a Britax Boulevard.

Our 3mo old DS is about to outgrow by weight his Graco baby carrier with a 20lbs limit.

We would like to pass the Boulevard to DS and get something that DD will be able to still RF for a while then FF and use as a high back booster until she's tall/heavy enough to go to the seat alone (or something that will act like a backless booster is good too). She's only 25% for weight but 85% for height.

We drive a Rav4 and budget is not a concern.

Thanks for any suggestions you may have for us.

ADS

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Leah, is there anything you particularly like/don't like about the Boulevard you already own? That might help to narrow the field a little. :)

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Your child is forward facing or rear in the Boulevard? Also, your Graco has a 20 or 22 pound limit? The 20 pound ones are all expired.

Wendy

U

Unregistered

Leah, is there anything you particularly like/don't like about the Boulevard you already own? That might help to narrow the field a little. :)

I went to BBB with this question and the "expert" there told me that there's only one carseat that meets my requirements and they didn't have it in stock LOL. Guess she was wrong.

Anyway, it would be nice to get something easy to install and good to travel but it's not a must. All I want is not to have to worry about buying yet another seat =S

U

Unregistered

Your child is forward facing or rear in the Boulevard? Also, your Graco has a 20 or 22 pound limit? The 20 pound ones are all expired.

Wendy

It's 22, thanks for correcting me, but he doesn't like it. We tried the Boulevard and he loved it so that's why we want to switch. DD is RF on the Boulevard right now and we wanted to keep her RF as long as possible in the new seat that's why we need something that she can still RF for a while, then FF and go from there. Does this seat exist?

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Easily. The new generation Britaxes are shorter than most seats. If she still fits rear facing at two and is 85% in height then she must be longer in the legs. How two is she, and what does she weigh?

I'd look at the Safety 1st Complete Air, Maxi Cosi Pria, Diono Radians, Evenflo Triumph 65, and First Years True Fit (if the 35 pound rear facing weight limit isn't a concern).

Wendy

U

Unregistered

Easily. The new generation Britaxes are shorter than most seats. If she still fits rear facing at two and is 85% in height then she must be longer in the legs. How two is she, and what does she weigh?

I'd look at the Safety 1st Complete Air, Maxi Cosi Pria, Diono Radians, Evenflo Triumph 65, and First Years True Fit (if the 35 pound rear facing weight limit isn't a concern).

Wendy

I'll look into those thanks a lot!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC