What seat is this?

zactayaus

My friend posted a pic of herself holding her granddaughters hand in the car (they are both in the back seat). I'm assuming it's evenflo but not sure which model. I will be addressing the obvious issues with her but what's up with that double harness strap on one side? Is it supposed to be like that? Want to have all my facts straight before I confront her. Thanks.

578787_4017892497266_526104020_n.jpg

ADS

amyd

The Chase has a double strap on one side because it has the adjuster directly on the strap itself.

LeeLi

It is a Triumph for sure. Mine expires in November but Evenflo still made the seat for a year or so after I got mine.

zactayaus

Thanks. I can see the double harness thing going on in the first pic you posted so good to know that's how it's supposed to be. Now would you say the seat is expired or close to expiration? Also in the pic I posted looks like there is possibly some infant padding going on or is that just part of the seat?

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Thanks. I can see the double harness thing going on in the first pic you posted so good to know that's how it's supposed to be. Now would you say the seat is expired or close to expiration? Also in the pic I posted looks like there is possibly some infant padding going on or is that just part of the seat?

It is padding for infants. I had a Triumph for a brief period (but HATED it, so I got rid of it).

Pixels

The double harness is on both sides. The harness goes from the hip, through the crotch buckle, through the chest clip, to the shoulder, loops around something to hold it up there, back out at the shoulder and down the the crotch buckle where it's sewn on. You're supposed to set the proper harness tightness and then leave it. When you unbuckle the seat, slide the male part of the buckle up the harness and that lengthens the shoulder straps to get the kid in/out easier. When you re-buckle, it automatically goes back to the pre-set tightness.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
that's the old 40lb limit triumph... probably expired.

Yes, we definitely clarified that it is the old Triumph.

As is stated above, though, it is possible that it isn't expired yet because those models were made until 2007. The pattern that appears in the photo was one of the "newer" patterns, so while it is likely that it is expired, it is possible that it isn't quite expired yet. Evenflo seats generally have a six-year life (though some from 2010 have an eight-year life, which was confusing).

zactayaus

THis video somewhat shows the double strap. It shows how the top strap is pulled to make the bottom strap tighten. It also shows the cushions/pads.

http://cheapreclinersreview.com/evenflo-triumph-convertible-car-seat/

Here's another video that shows the harness:

http://www.baby-product-video-reviews.com/VideoReviews/EvenfloTriumph.aspx

Holy heck! What a complicated seat! Thanks for the videos. I will let her know that the seat is likely coming up on it's expiration if not already expired.

Did they have 6 year expiration dates? Just want to have all my ducks in a row before I say something.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Did they have 6 year expiration dates? Just want to have all my ducks in a row before I say something.

I am 99% sure they did. I don't recall Evenflo ever having less than six years. They did have a brief period in 2010 when some seats had an eight-year and some had a six-year expiration, but I believe they have always had a six-year other than that weird period. I think.

henrietta

Holy heck! What a complicated seat! Thanks for the videos. I will let her know that the seat is likely coming up on it's expiration if not already expired.

Once you did it a few times, it wasn't complicated at all. It was our absolute favorite seat!!!! I was sad to see it go...:) I only wished they had made the newest versions, EFTA, w/some of the same features. I liked the slide harness system..wished that seat went taller like the EFTA, plus we loved the double "memory" harness! It was so nice once you understood it.

They were all 6 yrs from dom.

hths

henrietta

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC