IRL video of Infiniti/Nissan child seat mode?

teekadog

I would love to see how the Infiniti JX child seat mode (where the 2nd row can be tilted forward to allow access to the 3rd row- even with an installed child restraint) really works. I understand the new Pathfinder will have the same option. Does anyone have one and want to give us a peek? Anyone know of a homemade youtube video out there showing it off? thanks

ADS

atw

Have one, can try to install ff and figure out the video thing sometime tomorrow if I get the chance.

I will say this: neither the 40 nor 60 are fixed and we love that. I'm super excited to use this feature but my kids are rf which doesn't work the same, since it obviously hits the passenger seat.

Even with rf seat installed, I do have the ability to hop in the back...or middle. All the seats move a lot. I have no experiences with SUVs or minis though....so don't know if it's typical to be able maneuver through. Not easy, but doable.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
As coincidence would have it, I received the JX35 yesterday! Even after just a few hours of driving, it is easily the nicest SUV I've driven and the second row adjustability is unmatched. It does trail the Honda Pilot and Acura MDX somewhat in terms of carseat fitment, because you don't get the extra LATCH/tether locations Honda offers. On the other hand, you can't beat the ease and access for getting into the third row, even with a carseat installed in the second row. The only drawback is that like almost every other midsize SUV, the third row is low to the floor and an adult's knees will be too high for comfort on a long trip.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsIb-9coLmI"]Infinity JX35 Folding Seat - YouTube[/ame]

The Toyota Highlander has a similar adjustment system for the second row, but it doesn't tilt or move quite as far forward, even without a carseat installed. I admit, it's not a huge difference, especially for a kid, but every little bit helps for an adult trying to get back there!

Stay tuned for my full review coming in August at www.carseatblog.com!

Attachments

• 2011HighlanderFold.jpg
    2011HighlanderFold.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 20
  • 2013InfinityJXfold.jpg
    2013InfinityJXfold.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 20

atw

We do adore it. I believe we have 4 top tethers locations but only two lower latch...but I heard there were only 3 tt, so I don't know why I see one in the middle of the second row. ( I have no ff kids, as noted previously, so haven't paid too much attn. plus it's my husbands car ;) )

I can't wait to read your review Darren, especially curious which package and options you like.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC