What are the new seats? I've been MIA.

Mae

So I've been out of the tech world for about a year now. :eek: :whistling:

There's a LOT of new seats that I have no idea about! I know a bit about the Foonf, but apparently there's new Graco seats (Size4Me? Maybe more?), along with other ones.

Who wants to fill me in? :)

ADS

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador
Graco

Size4Me70
My Ride 70 - just at Target so far, I think
TurboBooster with Safety Surround- just at Target so far, I think
Classic Ride 50 - basically a ComfortSport with higher weight limits, but same size shell
TurboBooster COLORZ - backless booster shell + covers sold separately

Britax

updated the Marathon, Boulevard, and Advocate which are now the Marathon G3, Bouleavrd G3, and Advocate G3 convertibles with HUGS that are attached to the seat and crotch buckles that are attached to buckle pads (or something) so they don't fall down under the kid when trying to buckle the kid in. I think they renamed the Boulevard CS for the G3 generation the Pavilion G3.

I can't remember if the Frontier SICT (basically airbags on the outside) has been around for a year.

Peg Perego

Primo Viaggio SIP 5-70: new convertible with a 45 pound limit.

Dorel has a whole bunch of new seats. Apt 40, Chart Air 65, Able, Guide 65, XRS 65, Aquos 65 are some of them, but there are probably a bunch more that I'm missing. I think they are mostly variations on older seats, and some are just the same models with different names, but I don't really know the differences. They also added different recline lines on some of their convertibles (like maybe the newer Complete Airs or Scenera?) so that they can be installed more upright for older kids, I think.

Evenflo is going to retire the Momentum, I believe, and update the Titan to have 19" top slots, but only a 37" rear-facing height limit and bottom 3 slots for RF or something. It looks like it's going to be called the SureRide. There's info in this thread: http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?p=2296697#post2296697

I can't remember how long the Diono Radians have been 3-in-1s. They have 50 pound booster minimums, and I don't think they'd make long lasting boosters.

There are some new booster rules that maybe the Monterey and Recaro boosters need headrest support, even though it's not in the manual. I'll try to hunt down the thread.

ETA: I think this thread covers the head support thing: http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=225013

Last edited:

Mae

Bree, you never fail to be awesome. :D

So there's a LOT more than I thought! The Size4Me looks like it mated with a Britax ... lol. How do we all feel about this seat? The MyRide70, is there anything different from the original MyRide? Besides the weight, obviously. Any change in shell height?

Does Britax plan on phasing out the non-G3s?

Dorel ... sheesh. I can't keep up with this!

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador
Bree, you never fail to be awesome. :D

So there's a LOT more than I thought! The Size4Me looks like it mated with a Britax ... lol. How do we all feel about this seat? The MyRide70, is there anything different from the original MyRide? Besides the weight, obviously. Any change in shell height?

Does Britax plan on phasing out the non-G3s?

Dorel ... sheesh. I can't keep up with this!

Aw, thanks. :)

Carrie_R posted a bunch of pics of the Size4Me70, comparing it with the My Ride and how it puzzles with seats in this thread: http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=224323

The MyRide 70 is the same shell height. It has pop-out cupholders that are dishwasher safe and I think a different infant insert (although maybe the infant insert has been updated on the regular My Rides since I bought mine).

There's also 2 new seats from Kiddy. 1 has a foam shield for FF up to 40 pounds. Unboxing and info here: http://carseatblog.com/17964/here-k...dy-world-plus-kiddy-cruiser-fix-pro-boosters/

I'm not sure if Britax is retiring their G2 seats.

Reactions: Mae

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
There's also the Evenflo SecureKid seats-300 and 400 based on luxury features or no- which is a combo based on the Maestro, 65 lb. limit, booster adjustable higher. And the Trendz by Baby Trend combos, one with rigid LATCH. (Personally, not in love with the Trendz seats for many reasons.)

Harmony has a new combo so far only available in Canada, too.

Brianna

I just saw the MR70 tonight, the insert is back to being similar to the old style- not sure if it's identical though. The insert was reversible but I didn't think to check the cover, has anybody checked the cover IRL yet?

Sent from my DROID4 using Car-Seat.Org

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC