Question Convertible Car Seat for Porsche 911? 22 lbs and 6 months

P

Porsche911CarSeat

I have a 2004 "996" Porsche 911. My baby is about 20lbs and 6 months. The Maxi Cosi Mico fits him but only to 22lbs. I live in California. What are my options? Thank you!

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
This is one of the few times I do recommend the Britaxes. They sit up high on a base and fit well in small places. We had an old style Britax (an Advantage, then a Wizard) rear facing in a 2000 996 911.

A Radian with angle adjuster, if you're comfortable with that for a six month old, may work. The Recaro ProRide will likely fit, but getting a child in and out would be VERY difficult. You could also look at the Evenflo Triumph 65.

Wendy

boneheaderss

I would recommend the Evenflo Symphony 65 e3 (must be e3 model) as it has a rear facing weight limit up to 40 lbs. The Evenflo Symphony 65 e3 is rounded at the top, so it is likely that it would fit in the rear center seating position. You can try and wedge it between the driver and passenger seat.

The Cosco Scenera has a rear facing weight limit up to 35 lbs, but is is very budget friendly. This seat can get rear face most kids to age 2 and lasts kids forward facing 6 months to a year. It also fits compact cars well.

Does your 6 month old have some head control? If he does, then you can install the car seat more upright. It is fine to install more upright as long as your baby's head does not flop down to his chest.

Did you know that Toysrus will let you try out the display model in your car? I would try that before buying any car seat.

Do you know about the safety benefits of rear facing to age 2? The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends that kids ride rear facing until they are at least 2 years old: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvyIv9QVRBE"]Rear facing is safer - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

careynj

I don't think a 2004 996 would have rear centre seating position. I'm fairly certain the 1982 930 and 1982 911 my dad have doesn't and i know the 2004 996 gt3 doesn't, because it has no rest seats. Anyway. I don't think there is a centre seat, I can't see how thee would be room.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC