What do I need to know about the Britax Hi-Way?

MaKoski

So, I'm thinking about buying a Britax Hi-Way 2. What do I need to know? Height limits? What is the best way to buy/get one in the USA? My small 5 yr old likes to be RF but just hit 40# and dd#2 is tall. How long do swedish/forign seats last.. we will be having a few more babies.

ADS

Boot

Sorry, I don't know anything about the Hi-way but I just wanted to make sure you knew that some radians can rear face to 45lb. That would be cheaper than importing a seat, not to mention its legal. Also, do you know about the foonf?

tam_shops

Yep, the Foonf will RF to 45# and apparently 2" taller than the Radian.

If you have a small 5yo, she should still fit RF RN anyway. My small 6yo does--by height and weight.

Personally, as much as I'd love the fun of an imported seat, I'd wait until my kids maxed out all legal options before going down that road...

tam

MaKoski

I'm trying to look ahead... my dd2 is big and the next 2-3 babies will be also (#1dd has totally different genes). I was looking at the foonf but heard it wasn't taller than the other seats out there. I dont think 45# will cut it when we have boys. Does anyone know what the top height forRf is on both seats?

Adventuredad

Hi-Way, together with Max-Way, is likely the best allround RF seat available. It's compact, light weight, has a 55 lbs Rf limit and will fit well in pretty much any car small or large. Height wise HW will last to around around 44 inches which is usually to around age 4.

Max-Way is almost identical to HW but has a built in head support with integrated harness. RF time to around 45-48 inches. Size in the car is same as HW.

Those who have big kids and like long rear facing time often select Britax Multi Tech and Britax Two-Way. They last RF to 55 lbs and height wise to around 51-52 inches. That's usually to around age 6. TWE and MT need relatively little space for their greatvcapacity. Abut 2-3 inches more compared to HW and MW.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The Hi-Way is supposed to have the same shell height as the classic Britax Roundabout. Just a warning-my very tall, monster-torsoed child was ears over the top of that shell at 14 months. So if your child has a long torso, it may not be for you. (She lasted RF in the Radian until almost 3.5, just barely. She was in an Akta/Graco Belogic, which is in the ”medium” range add far as Swedish shell heights from what I've been told, past four. She still actually fits it at 4y3m, with an inch or more to grow before ears would go over the top, but is now FF by her request since she's over four and at this age I'm willing to allow that. Even long torsoed kids do grow legs at some point, too.)

MaKoski

Ok, did a little more reading and have it down to 2...Britax Multi Tech or Britax Two Way. Is one better than the otheror have better features?

finn

I've had both, still have a two-way, its a pretty awesome seat :) I also have a free-way which is very similar to the hi-way/max-way. My son hated his Multi-Tech and couldn't travel more than an hour in it without screaming, I have no idea why, he loved the free-way however.

My friend has a multi-tech for her son (who is 1) and he loves it, falls asleep in it every time they go in the car :) It is a beast of a seat though, similar in weight & size to the original Frontier.

I have only used the Two-way forward facing, for a friends son, it took about 3 seconds to install & has a super smooth adjuster :) ds is 5.5, pretty tall and still fits in it both rear facing and forward facing :)

I understand wanting to import a seat, I am looking at a Britax Marathon 70 at the moment, it just seems like the perfect, super easy to install and use in any car - spare seat lol the one downside to Swedish seats that I have found is that you dont want to be switching them between cars often, the tether threading gets to me lol

newyorkDOC

The MT has headwings so your child might outgrow it sooner if his/her shoulders hit them (long torso length).

We have a TWE but have tried the MT too. DD liked the headwings but was like 18m at the time so I've no idea how she'd fit now.

Other difference is the the MT does not need to be braced when RF as it had a foot prop.

Oh and TWE is lighter than the MT which I would take into consideration if you ever plan on using it FF (neither seat has ISOFIX).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC