Need your Stroller help for Disney!!!!!!!!!!

cheerbop

We leave for WDW in less than a month and are so unsure as to what to bring with us to Disney.
We will have our 3.5yo with us and our 9 mo old with us.
We own a Peg Perego P3, a Mac Volo and a Mac Twin Techno. I love them all. I also have a Mei Tai that I may use some of the time--depending. I know it will be hot!
We can not decide which would be best for us. I would love to take all 3, but that doesn't seem very feasible. We also considered buying a Quest...:whistle:
I thought that if we split up and both want a stroller, then taking the 2 singles would be great, but then do both my husband I want to always be pushing a stroller? So, that is when we think maybe the Twin...ARRGGHH!!!

So, give me your acvice/input/experience. Your help is greatly appreciated. Maybe someone else's clear head will be better than mine:p

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I would bring the P3 and the Mei Tai. When you are all together, the baby can ride in the stroller and the toddler can stand on the back boards.

When you split up, the toddler can ride in the stroller and the baby in the Mei Tai. I know it will be hot, but it is only for occasional use, right?

Just my :twocents:.

vamom

I went to disney with a 4.5 year old in may and will be going again this fall. My suggustions would be based on what your touring plans wil be. Are you (or your partner) a commando, got to see it all kind of person, or a leisure vacation person?

I get a little focused on doing it all (I'm in recovery, lol). While my child was a sling baby, I would not want to wear a 9 month old in the heat and all day long at Disney.

I took a stroller (and will again) for ds. I couldn't believe how many older kids I saw in strollers. My mom gave me some grief, but in the end was so glad we did (she carried me through disney at 5 and seemed to think it was some right of passage or soemthing, lol).

Ds was not a stroller guy until 2 years ago or so, but it was so great. He stayed fresh and I did not have to worry about where he was or keeping up with him.

In several areas we parked the stroller and walked from one ride to another, then strolled to the next section.

I find doubles to be very cumbersome, so I would probaly take two singles and a sling. You can wear baby from ride to ride, and stroll from area to area. If you are having a short day, then you could get by with one stroller maybe.

I like the idea of the older child riding on the back, but in my experience, if they are willing to stand, they usually are tired and want to sit.

I might take the volo fro teh older child and the p3 for the younger or for shorter days for both kids. But then if you take the double you could always use teh other seat for your stuff....

Fajer631

OK, I've been to Disney a lot!!!!! With and without little ones. The double stroller will be hard to maneuver through crowds and it will be heavy, especially after pushing it for 5 hours. Bring 2 strollers. If they are light all the better. Also, even if my DD decided to walk for a while, the stroller was a great place for stuff....like a pack mule. Have a great time!!!!!

momtosix

Just returned from Disney with our children. We brought our double 13 year old Aprica (its an oldie, but goodie)and a Mac for the 9 month and 3 year old. I had been trying to buy a new maclaran and hadn't gotten to it so we took what we had. The double was such a pain at the airport (couldn't fold it at security!) that we stopped at BRU in Orlando to buy a Quest. LOL! I would definately advise you to take two strollers and not worry about a double. They are much easier to fold for bus transportation at the resort, trams, etc. Most restaurants don't allow strollers, but still on more than one occasion when dd was sleeping in a single, they allowed us to roll her to the table. Will you have other adults with you? My only hesitation would be if you would regularly be stuck waiting for each other with two strollers. Also to consider which of your stollers give good sun protection. The sun beats down on you there!

cheerbop

Just returned from Disney with our children. We brought our double 13 year old Aprica (its an oldie, but goodie)and a Mac for the 9 month and 3 year old. I had been trying to buy a new maclaran and hadn't gotten to it so we took what we had. The double was such a pain at the airport (couldn't fold it at security!) that we stopped at BRU in Orlando to buy a Quest. LOL! I would definately advise you to take two strollers and not worry about a double. They are much easier to fold for bus transportation at the resort, trams, etc. Most restaurants don't allow strollers, but still on more than one occasion when dd was sleeping in a single, they allowed us to roll her to the table. Will you have other adults with you? My only hesitation would be if you would regularly be stuck waiting for each other with two strollers. Also to consider which of your stollers give good sun protection. The sun beats down on you there!

hmm We will consider what you said about the double. Ours really isn't very hard to fold at all, though.
Sometimes I lean towards the double and then sometimes toward 2 stollers. :rolleyes:

mom2riley

I would go with a sit and stand option. The Joovy Ultra Light is as small as a single and comfy for both. It is very light and the shade is big enough for both kiddos. DS loves the seat in the back and it has a seatbelt. I LOVE that stroller.

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
I'm voting Mac Twin Techno all the way!! We went to Disneyland in February... during some sort of school break apparently. :rolleyes:

It was not difficult to manoever the Mac in the crowds and our almost 5 yr old spent the entire time riding in the stroller between stops. It kept him fresh and ready to go and allowed us to go at our leisure without having to worry about him disappearing in a crowd.

Our 22 month old at that time, took all his naps in the stroller and also only hopped out for rides/events.

The MacTT was super easy to fold up and we were even able to leave our spring jackets in the basket when folding it for going on the trams.

It was incredibly easy to gatecheck too... we took off the hoods and put them in the suitcase and then re-attached them when we got to the hotel.

It really was a lifesaver and made the vacation incredibly relaxed and easygoing. I will never do Disney without a double stroller as long as I have at least two kids under the age of 6.

Hope that helps!

Edited to add: We have a P3 as well as a Phil and Ted's E3V2 and really struggled on what to bring. Especially since we were travelling by airplane to get there. The Mac Twin Techno was the best choice and will always go with us on vacations that involve an airline. It also has fantastic sunshades... but you know that, since you have one as well! The boys loved to pull the sunshades all the way down to their legs and block out all sun/wind.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC