wayfair=recalled seat?

wnkw

So I received a britax chaperone at my shower earlier. I believe it is one under the recall (first few letters/numbers of serial # are same as recalled). I asked someone at wayfair if they were recalled, and he told me that they were not able to sell recalled seats and it definitely would not be one. So now im due in a couple of weeks ans have a recalled seat? What do I do? Contact wayfair? Get the replacement piece from britax? ?? Help!

On my phone.. sorry for typos!

ADS

wnkw

It was a "sale" seat. I made sure to ask them and the rep said they spoke with britax directly and they were not allowed to sell anything recalled..

crunchierthanthou

Oh, duh. I was looking at the chest clip recall dates.

I'd call Wayfair. Explain that you asked specifically, and received a recalled seat. They've been great when I've had any issues- even with sale seats.

Pixels

Is it just the first few characters that match the model number, or all of it? Because that does make a difference. Just because a seat's model number starts off the same doesn't mean it is the same. Heck, there are Marathons that start E9L same as the recalled Chaperones.

StillThankful

I believe it is the recalled one. In fact, I emailed them w/ the link of Britax's recall bulletin and with the model number of the seat they have for sale stating that that particular Britax Chaperone was under a recall. I never received a response.

Here is another thread discussing that same seat on Wayfair: http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=218413&highlight=britax+chaperone+recall

In fact, they are still selling the same recalled model: http://www.wayfair.com/Britax-Chaperone-Infant-Car-Seat-E9L692L-BRX1238.html?clearance=true Under the Q & A, it confirms the DOM of April 2011 w/ the same recalled model number.

Last edited:

wnkw

So should I just get the replacement from britax or what? Would y'all be okay with that? Kinda scary to me
. I rec'd as a shower gift so it would be a big pain to return im sure. Idk that wayfair will even talk to me? Since I did not purchase it..

CrunchyMaineMama

Senior Community Member
If it's definitely a recalled seat I would call Wayfair. It is illegal for them to sell it and they need to know. I'm sure they will replace it. They have great CS.

ETA: Even though you didn't purchase it they can probably look up the order by the name of the person's name that did purchase it.

wnkw

Called wayfair and britax. Wayfair still doesn't want to say its recalled. He said he would accept return at no charge. Britax said it definitely is recalled. They will send me the kit if I want to keep it. I think il send it back and use my 10% amazon registry coupon making a new seat only $26 more. It's super annoying since I asked before it was ordered and a lady at my church bought it. Why are they still selling them?!??!! I did just look back on the site and the model number is listed.. it didn't occur to me that's what it was since it doesn't say model number. I wohld have never gotten her to order if a rep wouldn't have told me they talked to britax directly and they were not allowed to sell recalled items. Is there somewhere to report it?? They still have atleast 8 left..

krfogle88

Hmmm... i ordered one of the chaperones and it was NOT recalled. i would probably just get the kit from.britax because i HATE returning things and having the turn around time on getting a different product. but i would ask to speak to a manager and explain the situation and your dissatisfaction. sorry yoir having issues ive only had great experiences with wayfair. :/

wnkw

krfogle88 said:
Hmmm... i ordered one of the chaperones and it was NOT recalled. i would probably just get the kit from.britax because i HATE returning things and having the turn around time on getting a different product. but i would ask to speak to a manager and explain the situation and your dissatisfaction. sorry yoir having issues ive only had great experiences with wayfair. :/

I want to just do that.. but I know i'll end up obsessing over it.. is it a huge deal? I know it has to do with the harness adjuster...

cso1997

Britax would NEVER just give you a kit if that didn't completely fix the issue. I have no problem using a recalled seat that has been fixed properly. I have been through several recalls and they are typically no big deal. I would save yourself the trouble and just get the kit.

wnkw

cso1997 said:
Britax would NEVER just give you a kit if that didn't completely fix the issue. I have no problem using a recalled seat that has been fixed properly. I have been through several recalls and they are typically no big deal. I would save yourself the trouble and just get the kit.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. But the fact that I could get one from amazon for $26 more is killing me. My husband insists I obsess over carseats too much.. if I who'd have bought it id have no problem sending it back, but I don't want to have to go thru the ladies at church that bought it.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Seriously. I'd call and escalate to the Wayfair manager, and then call Britax and escalate to a manager there too, to get someone to make them stop selling recalled seats.

cso1997

Since Kristina got a non recalled one, my guess is that yours slipped through. Maybe they aren't knowingly selling recalled seats. If it makes you feel better then be firm with Wayfair and have them cover all of the return expense. Good luck!!

wnkw

cso1997 said:
Since Kristina got a non recalled one, my guess is that yours slipped through. Maybe they aren't knowingly selling recalled seats. If it makes you feel better then be firm with Wayfair and have them cover all of the return expense. Good luck!!

They are. Just a bunch of aggravation for me and the lady that bought it. Ill see how it goes tomorrow....

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC